2007 denali oil pressure questions. *video posted*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ny_summit

Reaction score
i have a 2007 denali with 97k miles. i recently changed the oil pan gasket because of a leak. i swapped the whole pick up tube with a new tube and o-ring. i also blocked off the oil relief valve.
now the issue. my friend (the mechanic) found 2 small pieces of metal which be believes are from the cam bearings. does my oil pressures reflect bad cam bearings?

my cold psi is great at 60 psi. my cruising psi seems to be around 35-40 psi depending on RPM. my hot idle after a decent trip is around 15 psi.

i just found out i can get an oil pressure gauge on my torque app. the video posted shows the idle psi as well as revving it in neutral. i will get another video if the pressure when im actually driving.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have any pics of the metal found?

15 isn't at bad as others. do you have afm delete stuff?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2007 denali with 97k miles. i recently changed the oil pan gasket because of a leak. i swapped the whole pick up tube with a new tube and o-ring. i also blocked off the oil relief valve.
now the issue. my friend (the mechanic) found 2 small pieces of metal which be believes are from the cam bearings. does my oil pressures reflect bad cam bearings?

my cold psi is great at 60 psi. my cruising psi seems to be around 35-40 psi depending on RPM. my hot idle after a decent trip is around 15 psi.

i just found out i can get an oil pressure gauge on my torque app. the video posted shows the idle psi as well as revving it in neutral. i will get another video if the pressure when im actually driving.

your oil pressure is fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukonKris