2007 Escalade won’t shift into drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon-ya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have an issue, my Escalade won’t shift into drive or reverse. Not sure what happened but could someone please tell me what might be causing this before I send it to the shop?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have an issue, my Escalade won’t shift into drive or reverse. Not sure what happened but could someone please tell me what might be causing this before I send it to the shop?
Likely the shift cable on the driver side of the transmission came loose it’s held on by a plastic clip that loves to break at the worst times I believe we drilled and put a cotter pin in my buddy’s or rigged something up to get him by but it was better then the factory plastic clip I’ve seen tow truck guys use safety wire somehow also

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the shifter is working normal and not all floppy like a limp noodle, or simply will not move at all then other possibilities are the shift interlink

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shifter moves like it should, so that’s positive
if the shifter functions like normal
then it's not the linkage and it's probably not the interlink either.
have you checked the fluid level?
does the indicator in the cluster move when you adjust the shifter? i.e P/R/N/D/....

OP
OP
Y

Yukon-ya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, the last time I checked haha it was over a year ago but I also checked it a month ago and it showed what indicator it was in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
councilman