2007 GMC Yukon, needs help! Truck shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your response!

Just wanted to post an update. As of today, truck is still at GM's service center. Just to recap the 'service center' repairs to date.. First I was told the reason my truck keeps shutting off was due to a bad throttle body, I paid over $700 to have it replaced, it didn't resolve the issue. Last week Monday I was told its the fuse box, at a cost of over $700, it was replaced, same issue!
Friday I was told the problem is now the PCM. At that point I got pissed, I contacted GM, and told them I'm NOT going to pay for the fuse box..
Since then I've been going back an forth with GM. The service manager at the dealership says 'part' of the problem was the fuse box, so they intend on charging me for that.. Talk about getting ripped off!
My truck is still at the dealership service center. I'm at my wits end with GM's service. No idea what's going to happen next... I'm in NY Long Island, my truck is at Chevrolet of Huntington...

Did you ever change the battery?

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you all for your response!

Just wanted to post an update. As of today, truck is still at GM's service center. Just to recap the 'service center' repairs to date.. First I was told the reason my truck keeps shutting off was due to a bad throttle body, I paid over $700 to have it replaced, it didn't resolve the issue. Last week Monday I was told its the fuse box, at a cost of over $700, it was replaced, same issue!
Friday I was told the problem is now the PCM. At that point I got pissed, I contacted GM, and told them I'm NOT going to pay for the fuse box..
Since then I've been going back an forth with GM. The service manager at the dealership says 'part' of the problem was the fuse box, so they intend on charging me for that.. Talk about getting ripped off!
My truck is still at the dealership service center. I'm at my wits end with GM's service. No idea what's going to happen next... I'm in NY Long Island, my truck is at Chevrolet of Huntington...

wow....you are local....wish I was more handy...I'd love to help..

OP
OP
D

damtrini

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my truck is finally working again!!! Thank you all for your help and support.

Turned out to be the PCM.. Though the service center jerked me around and changed parts that had nothing to do with the root cause (throttle body and fuse box). I ended up having to pay for the fuse box and throttle body, but collected my parts from the service center.. Guess what I did... took my truck back to a different GM dealership and had them swap in my old fuse box and throttle body, and my truck still works... In fact, I've been driving my truck with the old parts for 2 days now.. The same one my previous GM service center said was 'burnt out' and had to be replaced at the cost of $1382.. talk about a rip off.. Shame on you GM!
Worse customer service experience I've ever had to deal with.. GM call center is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan