2007 GMC Yukon SLT re extended brake lines need for a 4 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m new to this! Anyhow just got a 4 inch lift kit for my 2007 GMC Yukon SLT and wanted to know if I would need to get extended brake lines? And if yes then what brand what you recommend? If you have a part number that would be great. Thanks.
I didn't know that you joined the forum here! Enjoyed watching your youtube off-roading videos.

Our Sierra has a 6.5" lift and the instructions called for taking the brake lines off of the brackets so they can move around more. Been that way for eight years or so now.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Well I have the answer for him a year later...

You will need longer rubber brake lines in the rear or the differential brake line bracket will break causing the steel lines to break too.
Then you will have no brakes...

I tried replacing my bracket with a heavy duty 1/4 inch bracket... It was taller but, it also broke and now I have broken my third and fourth brake lines.

I think the two rubber lines are stretching tight this causes the bracket to break from flexing and fatigue. Then steel lines start flexing and they will break too.

I think what it needs are two longer rubber lines.. Anyone have a source for those?
My ProComp lift has a relocation bracket that dropped the rear connector block and changed the angle to orient the the flexible hoses more downward IIRC. I’ve had no issues to date and it’s been flexed a LOT.

With respect to the OP (and not slamming the product he bought, I’m not familiar with it) I found in my research that one of the differentiators between the low cost kits and the more expensive solutions was the inclusion of parts to resolve things like brake lines.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
My ProComp lift has a relocation bracket that dropped the rear connector block and changed the angle to orient the the flexible hoses more downward IIRC. I’ve had no issues to date and it’s been flexed a LOT.

With respect to the OP (and not slamming the product he bought, I’m not familiar with it) I found in my research that one of the differentiators between the low cost kits and the more expensive solutions was the inclusion of parts to resolve things like brake lines.
Wich connector block was relocated? I have two blocks on mine one is above a frame rail and the other is attached to the differential. I wonder if the upper block above the frame rail needs to be lowered below the frame?

@swathdiver So are your steel lines just moving up and down too? On mine when ever the bracket on the diff breaks the left steel line ends up snapping in two.

My rig gets pretty maxed out flex wise and is driven about 30 miles a week on unmaintained trails.

I would like to get around 15 inches of travel in the back end and may end up putting a limiter on the differential to keep it from dropping as much while still allowing the wheels to flex.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Wich connector block was relocated? I have two blocks on mine one is above a frame rail and the other is attached to the differential. I wonder if the upper block above the frame rail needs to be lowered below the frame?

@swathdiver So are your steel lines just moving up and down too? On mine when ever the bracket on the diff breaks the left steel line ends up snapping in two.

My rig gets pretty maxed out flex wise and is driven about 30 miles a week on unmaintained trails.

I would like to get around 15 inches of travel in the back end and may end up putting a limiter on the differential to keep it from dropping as much while still allowing the wheels to flex.
I will get you a photo and post it later. As I recall I moved the upper block from above the cross member to below (Or maybe beside?). The bracket they supplied you could easily duplicate from hardware store bits and there’s pictures in the ProComp installation instructions.

The major pain as I remember was getting the block unbolted from the crossmember working in the confines between the frame and the floor pan.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
@Bill 1960 it is pretty tight in there. I wish I had a lift in my garage... For that matter I wish this garage had a taller roof so I could jack it up more than a foot or two... lol

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I fixed it for now. Since I was replacing both lines I was able to bend them to fit the new location.20211031_193409.jpg
I hope this will last for a while but either way I am going to try and order a new set of SS lines to replace the stock rubber lines.
20211031_193454.jpg
Sucks I have to move it outside when I jack it up... I miss my old warehouse in Reno with the 45 foot ceiling and car lifts. But, living in the middle of nowhere is well worth it...
20211031_140137.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065