2007 Tahoe Z71 Right Rear Identify The 3rd Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, had an interior rattle in the right rear of my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. Narrowed it down to the right side upper interior panel.

I removed it to inspect the mounting and what I could do to stop the rattle.

When I opened it up there were three cables. Please see the pic below.

The top right connector was / is connected to the backup system lights in this panel.

The lower left connector was / is connected to the Bose speaker in this panel.

The mid left connector was not connected to anything. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR?.

20240822_172657.jpeg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a little hard to see the connector due the the broom handle on the wall. Someone else may know right away but if not can you take a picture of the connector?
As a side note I had a piece of plastic break off somewhere along the way that was rattling. It was inside the metal frame.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means the connector by the window, which is also hard to see clearly.

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
That is correct, the upper connector with the garage window behind it is what I was referring to. It is a 90 degree 2 wire connector which was just hanging after I removed the D pillar inner panel. The bottom connector (with the broomstick in the background) goes to the Bose speaker and the top connector goes to the backup indicator light module.

Is this 90 degree 2 wire connector I'm looking to identify possibly an optional item that my truck does not have?
It is a LT3 Z71 that I custom ordered. I did not order the 3rd seat as for our intended use we would need it. Could it possibly be something related to the 3rd seat?

Window sticker posted below.

2007 Tahoe Z71 Window Sticker.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be but they’re usually in the floor. Did you order with the rear window defroster?

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
It could be but they’re usually in the floor. Did you order with the rear window defroster?
Yes, it has the rear window defroster and it is working. Do you think it could possibly be related to 3rd seat lighting, seat belt interconnect or curtain airbags my truck does not have?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that area of the truck? I can't see to find one.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cool truck. Lots of nice features & options. In 07 it could be for the diversity antenna in the rear pass side glass that looks like defroster lines, if you didn’t get power fold or rear heated seats it could be for that.

Could possibly be for future wiring for a 2nd / 3rd row DVD monitor if not equipped already.

I like the picture you took. Looks like it has the GM rechargeable broom option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukonnc

Latest posts