2007 Yukon Denali Projector Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

acandales001

Reaction score
Halos to swtiched power

While I wait for these to get done, I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. Since I will be disabling my DRLs as part of this (so the projector isn't on all the time), what would be the best way to wire my 4 halos to switched power to use them as DRLs?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I wait for these to get done, I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. Since I will be disabling my DRLs as part of this (so the projector isn't on all the time), what would be the best way to wire my 4 halos to switched power to use them as DRLs?

On the nnbs Yukon h13 setup the drl are lit as a low voltage high beam signal. Just have the retrofitter modify the harness to pull that signal and wire it to the halos.

OP
OP
A

acandales001

Reaction score
On the nnbs Yukon h13 setup the drl are lit as a low voltage high beam signal. Just have the retrofitter modify the harness to pull that signal and wire it to the halos.

Would that still work with the DRL fuses pulled, or would I leave them in and the harness would "intercept" the signal and only power the Halos?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would that still work with the DRL fuses pulled, or would I leave them in and the harness would "intercept" the signal and only power the Halos?

No the drl fuse has to be in for them to work.

So yeah you have to claim the drl signal from the harness and route it to the halos. Keep in mind that that will stop the halos from coming on when your low beams are on since you'd be using them as drl, and they will be on when your highs are on.

If that bothers you, the last alternative would be to run your drl signal to your fogs and leave them main housings as they are.

It's a pain in the ass, and it stems from GM using the stupid H13 setup.

OP
OP
A

acandales001

Reaction score
What about my original idea to pull the fuses and wire the halos to a switched power source? Bad idea?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a terrible idea. :)

If you wire the independently and have a switch for them you'll obviously be able to use themat your leisure, be they with or without your projectors on. The challenge will be finding an attractive switch option that's discreet and reversible for when you want to sell your truck ... And obviously you won't have the automatic drl feature.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agif1.gif

Yukon Joe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this looks sweet and exactly what I'm looking for. I had retrofits done on my F150, blacked out with amber halo's. I think a similar set up on the 99 caddy would look bad ass.

Who is doing the retro's for you? I'm looking forward to seeing the final product! :peace:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970