2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well our 08 yuk xl started the no start but has lights and accessories.. I was at work and of course wife was running late to work. I told her to toggle the door locks and the damn thing started.. then about an hour ago on her lunch did it again -no start-- this time lock / unlock didnt work so I told her to use the lock / unlock on key fob and it started.. So she went to autozone and everything checked ok O course...I went and picked it up, put the amp clamp on and the alt is only sending 1-3 amps to the battery.. truck is pulling 35amps alt is outputting 36-38 amps.. everything off it pulls about 19-23 amps.. I unhooked - battery cable on charger, charger started at 8 amps and in about 3 mins said full charge.. I then pulled the + wires off the fuse assembly and cleaned and re tightened them... We have an appt at dealer tomorrow I'll ask them to check the BCM and ECM software and see if they can check the cables...
Frigging pisses me off especially when I'm at work and have to leave for crap like this..

Please let us know how this turns out.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there harveje,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your vehicle. I understand that you have an appointment at your dealership tomorrow regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep us updated with your dealership visit. We will be glad to document your feedback. Also, if you have any other questions or concerns we are here to help!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well dealership states cables are bad-- and wants $485 to replace them..does anyone have part numbers for the + and - cables for a 2008 yukon xl 5.3--

Thanks,

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well dealership states cables are bad-- and wants $485 to replace them..does anyone have part numbers for the + and - cables for a 2008 yukon xl 5.3--

Thanks,

Battery candles?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Look on ACDeldo site

cwarm3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HA! The old replace the cables Diagnosis. yeah they told me that as well. They wanted a fortune to replace them so i bought them on amazon for $20.00 (ACDelco 20967455 Negative Battery Cable Assembly.) Had a local mechanic replace them for me for $200. And it fixed nothing did the same thing as always. These cars are lemons and Government Motors does nothing.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a quick mend I bought a + and - generic gables from parts house and connected the - to the block and + to the starter, not 1 sec of trouble since.. I did order factory cables and they should be here 6-23 and amaz?? send me a new redtop since this one checked "bad".
I'll put new cables on and see how that goes. Then I'll put the other batt in the spare bay and use it as a jump or parallel unit. I really thought it was the bcm, she could hit the lock / unlock and most of the time it would start.... but we'll C
Thanks.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for a quick mend I bought a + and - generic gables from parts house and connected the - to the block and + to the starter, not 1 sec of trouble since.. I did order factory cables and they should be here 6-23 and amaz?? send me a new redtop since this one checked "bad".
I'll put new cables on and see how that goes. Then I'll put the other batt in the spare bay and use it as a jump or parallel unit. I really thought it was the bcm, she could hit the lock / unlock and most of the time it would start.... but we'll C
Thanks.

Please keep us posted

Also you changing the cable that runs to the large fuse box under the hood?

If you are then can you take pictures when you pull the fuse relay bus center?

That is the part with the 2 grey handles

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new cables arrived but not installed, will put them in over the weekend. No I did not order that cable but will check the ends for corrosion or heat spots...We've been running with the additional generic + / - cable for a few week with 0 problems (knock on wood) I'm kinda scared to change anything..

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new cables arrived but not installed, will put them in over the weekend. No I did not order that cable but will check the ends for corrosion or heat spots...We've been running with the additional generic + / - cable for a few week with 0 problems (knock on wood) I'm kinda scared to change anything..

Updates?

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put new gm cables on 7-5 along with new red top that amazo? warrantied and so far so good, but at times the old setup did good too...just for safety I put the other good battery in the spare tray and hooked the - to block. I'm still pondering on how I want to run the +( thru solenoid or to starter lug)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3