2009 Chevy tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amber33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do agree it sounds like it could be the throttle body but I'm not fully understanding what it's doing. I thought it wasn't drivable at all. like put in gear, hit the gas rpms go up truck doesn't go anything.

can you take a pic of what you're using to read codes? I only ask cause I've even see a code like that in my life from any scanner. got me curious.

so the truck drives some times but then dash lights come on, says reduced power. you hit the gas but nothing happens? it doesn't rev up the engine or anything, just like the throttle pedal is dead? that sounds throttle body to me. but total shot in the dark without some fault codes that show something we can look up. like said about the codes usually start with a P like P0300 is misfire code. things like that. I don't know the throttle body code off hand, but I'm sure there's one for it.
Yes I can take a picture of it tomorrow and show you what I’m using. Okay so the truck is drivable I’m saying it just started doing this yesterday so up until yesterday is when I started having this problem . I crank the truck up put it in gear hit the gas yes it revs up but it isn’t going anywhere , i understand those codes isn’t really telling what’s going on with the truck

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Tahoe and currently it’s starting up but everytime I put it in gear it’s not doing anything . When I use the machine to see what code it’s giving it’s saying 7e8 / 7ae …. Yea I can use google but have anybody has this issue and what exactly did you do ?

Is this a Hybrid? They have a P07A3 code for a stuck clutch.

@Doubeleive The '09 SUVs all have 6L80s except for the Hybrids.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

If you don't have a quality bi-directional scanner, you should consider purchasing one. It will literally save you thousands of dollars over the life of the truck, and it will most likely pay for itself in less than 1 year.

I case that this ends up being a transmission issue, @NickTransmissions is our resident transmission expert and he may provide some insights.

OP
OP
A

Amber33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s a 4WD , I replaced the accelerator sensor and the throttle body sensor . It cranks up fine only problem is when u go into gear and about to mash the accelerator it’s no acceleration

OP
OP
A

Amber33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was giving P2125 which indicates the tps/accelerator and I replaced both but it’s still doing the exact same thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320