2009 Yukon Denali worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

islandhopper00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a 2009 GMC Yukon Denali rear wheel drive with 130000 miles and the 6.2 worth?
This doesn't have VVT, DOD or any other engine crap. In good shape and everything but the heated drivers seat works.
Does the fact it doesn't have all the undesirable engine choking stuff make this vehicle any more valuable at all? I see general prices on used car sales at $7-8k.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used prices have fallen back to pre-COVID levels. To most people, the fact that it isn’t have AFM doesn’t mean much, it’s an “ancient” car and has no tech they want. If it’s super clean, you may be able to get $10k-$12k but generally what everything else in your area is priced at is what it’s worth. Some of us value and prefer the older stuff but we are the minority. You can buy a 2017 Escalade Platinum for $30k-$35k now.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

You state that the truck is rear wheel drive. Did the AWD standard feature get removed from the truck?

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a 2009 GMC Yukon Denali rear wheel drive with 130000 miles and the 6.2 worth?
This doesn't have VVT, DOD or any other engine crap. In good shape and everything but the heated drivers seat works.
Does the fact it doesn't have all the undesirable engine choking stuff make this vehicle any more valuable at all? I see general prices on used car sales at $7-8k.
Pics if you have some.

OP
OP
I

islandhopper00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as I know it's stock rear wheel drive.
Thanks for the advise. I'll get a pic or two soon.

OP
OP
I

islandhopper00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I keep it to pull my camper with. It has plenty of power, but I really don't like how hot the transmission gets. GM told me it has the biggest best trans cooler they offer, and 230 temps are normal. Not to me.
I don't like the idea of installing the true cool 40k unit because I don't want to cut the lines. Too bad because the engine has plenty of power to pull my small RV.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I keep it to pull my camper with. It has plenty of power, but I really don't like how hot the transmission gets. GM told me it has the biggest best trans cooler they offer, and 230 temps are normal. Not to me.
I don't like the idea of installing the true cool 40k unit because I don't want to cut the lines. Too bad because the engine has plenty of power to pull my small RV.
I towed a 7500 lb camper with a 2012 Yukon XL Denali for 4 years and 20K miles. 230ºF is not a big deal for short periods, but I normally saw 190-210ºF on the highway, depending on traffic, which is just fine. Dexron VI is much more thermally stable than earlier fluids. I made a bunch of mods to mine to better tolerate towing heavy but if I had it to do over again, I would just keep the stock coolers and change the transmission fluid every 20-25K.

One mod I would make again for sure though is a better torque converter with a billet cover and stronger lockup clutch.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
These days a 2WD 09 Denali is as common as hens teeth. It’s the first I’ve seen mentioned on this forum in almost a decade.

It has low milage for its age and depending on your location if e85 is available, it breathes fire running e85 at 2-$3 a gal. A 6.2L that fills up for 60-$80 is a keeper.

OP
OP
I

islandhopper00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
who
These days a 2WD 09 Denali is as common as hens teeth. It’s the first I’ve seen mentioned on this forum in almost a decade.

It has low milage for its age and depending on your location if e85 is available, it breathes fire running e85 at 2-$3 a gal. A 6.2L that fills up for 60-$80 is a keeper.
whoa, tell me more. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24