2010 Burb Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we trust the Summit lifters? I was going to stick to GM but they are expensive AF. Right now I plan on using the 12689035 GM cam. If the concensus is Summit is quality I could use the saved money. The P/S pump on my Yukon sprung a leak today!
Yes, I would have no hesitation using summit lifters

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fa

DAMM IT!! I ordered the trays before I decided to do the delete! Do you know if the trays are the same for the stock non AFM lifters and the GM performance lifters? I'm still debating if I should get 8 stock non AFM lifters and keep my original ones or go for the 16 pack of performance lifters. It's about a $150 difference.
I say get all 16 summit lifters and trays. I trust Summit as a vendor.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I went with the Summit lifters and I think I finally have everything I need ordered. I'm gonna spend the weekend getting the front cover off, getting the oil pan ready to come off and do some more cleaning on the block. Last thing I need to do is send the computer out for a re flash. Can anyone recommend a place? Thanks again everyone for all the help and advice. I wouldn't be able to pull this off without it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I went with the Summit lifters and I think I finally have everything I need ordered. I'm gonna spend the weekend getting the front cover off, getting the oil pan ready to come off and do some more cleaning on the block. Last thing I need to do is send the computer out for a re flash. Can anyone recommend a place? Thanks again everyone for all the help and advice. I wouldn't be able to pull this off without it.
This guy will do it for $50: https://lt1swap.com/afm_delete.htm

Others here have used him with good results.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I did the flash myself using hp tuners.
A little bit of a learning curve, but I found it more interesting that way. :)

the downside is you need to buy the dongle + licenses.
you will need a minimum of one for just the ECM, and they run about $50 each.

The link above is a much better deal if you're looking for easy + cheaper.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's like I said in my previous novel- Summit doesn't manufacture their own parts, at least, not lifters. They also wouldn't risk their reputation on slapping their label on junk. They're big enough in notoriety and sales volume to strike good deals from whoever supplies GM with the parts they install at the factory. Like their "Summit Performance" LS head bolts, valve springs, rockers, etc., I'd suspect them lifters are Delphi or whoever actually manufacturers them.

+1 for lt1swap.com for your AFM disable. Note that they don't do any custom tuning. They only remove AFM from the programming. A bargain, IMO, for the ~$60 invested (once you factor in shipping to them). If your cam will work on a stock tune, then you're all set.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
And the lifters I linked are "Morel #7717" but with the summit branding ;)
Slight upgrade from the standard "LS7 Style" lifters you normally see.

I had issues with too much oil bleeding off, and with my pac springs they caused me issues with prelash.
those "Morel #7717"'s are a straight .050 preload if i remember correctly.
but you will want to verify that.

Other types it varies from .050 - .100
talk about a pita if you have a set of AFR heads like myself. :secret:

I also took mine apart and cleaned, inspected, etc.
I found them to be excellent quality, super tight tolerances too.

Pay special attention when you take your lifters out, look what direction the oil holes face.
they should be the same type and can either face away from the main oil channel, or directly into it.

if your using stock springs, I would just clone the current setup.

For high seat pressure/double springs, I believe the instructions were to face the holes into the main oil gally to help keep them pumped up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap