2010 Tahoe PPV sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryanr25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe ppv and I’m looking to upgrade the sound system. I bought and installed a CarPlay which replaced the original radio but besides this everything is stock. When I’m at 80 on the highway I can’t even hear the music at max volume. I’m unfamiliar with audio electronics so if anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

The CarPlay is this or at least something similar.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

The specs on your new head unit state 45 watts per channel times 4 channels, and that level of power should be more then enough to power your speakers to an audible level, even at 80 mph, if your truck is reasonably sealed up against road noise.

One question.... Your truck did not come with a Bose audio system, did it?

ill_noiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you like the radio? One of the first things I installed in my ppv is sound dampening. I used Siless 3in1 and it made a big difference. I used it from the back seats. I stacked kilmat 80mil and a cheap 150mil ccl in my doors. This helps at higher speeds but nothing was as good as adding an aftermarket amp and replacing the speakers. That took it from good to great. Recently I installed pods in my doors from customspeakerpods.com to hold an 8" and 6.5" speaker. I even added a double tweeter by the side mirrors. Now I only have to turn it up half as loud as before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta