2011, <11k miles, dead in driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Dealer claims it was a bad battery, but I'm not accepting that until they look into the rest of the electrical. The tow guy tried to jump it with a jumper box and it showed <12V when connected. The interior lights were dim too. I think the battery died early because of a "short" somewhere.

My 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged was on its 3rd battery when I traded it. The 3rd battery was the first one not supplied by the dealer. It had been in there for a few trouble-free years when I traded it.

Additionally, the battery in my Tahoe (MY2007) is not a factory battery, and came that way when I bought it used. Just something to think about.

My truck has a huge gap in the engine bay behind the driver's side headlamp ... its shape almost seems intended to receive a second battery in there. I wonder if it's worth doing. :think:

Imo, Yes. I did it. It's very simple. Ground it to the engine block and ran the positive to the jumper box on the positive side of the battery on the passenger side. Recommend making sure you have the 160 amp alternator.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a glovebox code to check to see if I have that alternator on my truck?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Check that ... I looked up my truck's sheet and it's standard.

Thanks Connor.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AmazinglySmooth,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with your Yukon XL Denali. Please keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer. They claim that the DVD player is pulling current when car isn't running. The plot thickens...

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer claims the DVD went into "logic mode" which drew down the battery. I'm skeptical. I will pick it up next week.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are right. I remember reading somewhere that they had the same problem when playing the DVD while the truck was off. But since your DVD was off then I would be a little skeptical to believe it.

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are right. I remember reading somewhere that they had the same problem when playing the DVD while the truck was off. But since your DVD was off then I would be a little skeptical to believe it.

Dealer couldn't tell me how it got into "logic mode" nor could he tell me why the battery was so drained after just 20 hours of sitting that the lights were dim and a second battery couldn't jump it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71