2011, <11k miles, dead in driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon, my ***** dead and in the shop. They want to replace a battery cable and a fuse. They're just throwing parts at it now.

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked it up from the dealer. I don't have GM involved yet, but if it happens again it will pass the "4 times test" from the TX lemon laws. I will need to send a certified letter to GM at that point.

As for the loaner, they gave me a Yukon SLT with all the bling.

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it has died 3 times, I have been watching the volt meter. Is it normal for it to be less than 14v for long periods? I see it move up and down around 14v too.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too, more frequently when it's not running right. As in, I can watch it drop as soon as I plug my cellphone charger in, boom, it drops and stays below 14 consistently and then fluctuates. I didn't do it as bad for the two weeks before it died again.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new battery cables. I'll let you know when it fails again. One day after I got it back it told me my hood was open, it wasn't. It's still doing wonky stuff, but until it dies, I'll let it rack up codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065