2011, <11k miles, dead in driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow that sucks sorry to hear your troubles but thats what happens when they want to make new vehichles as cheap as possible but sell for as much as possible.... Mind you that back in 94 my del sol was selling for 20k fully loaded. I imagine same for my 2dr hoe and if it were in todays market id be looking at maybe 40k for my 2dr give or take.... But well i preffer my 2dr over any new vehicle and is kuch more reliable. but well yea if you need lemmon law advice i used to have a dealer and can search stuff for ya bro

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update. We didn't have time last night to jack with the vehicle so I put it off until today. I went out there to see what was up with it now and it is even more dead. I can't get the remote opener to even unlock it and it won't even click when I turn the key. >$50k of metal, plastic, and leather just rotting away in front of my house.

Roadside assistance is on its way to jump it. I could jump it myself, but I want a record of it.

In TX, the lemon law requires that I give them 4 attempts to repair the problem, and I must send a certified letter to GM stating my desire to have it fixed. After this trip, I will be at 3, so I have to wait for the fourth. Of course, GM has a vested interest in avoiding this vehicle labeled as a lemon--in TX, the vehicle, as a lemon, would be required to have a lemon tag hanging from the rear-view mirror during the next time it is offered for sale and it will be tagged as a lemon in the state's records (CarFax?). I hope they will take this opportunity to either truly fix it or replace it (replace is now my preference).

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Small update 2. The vehicle wouldn't jump. A tow truck is on its way. POS Denali!

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be completely unrelated, have you checked the DLIS 2amp fuse(spot 35) in the fuse box? My old 08 silverado kept randomly blowing the fuse and would kill the truck also. Had to keep a handful of fuses in the glove box after it starting popping the fuse.

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow truck was able to jump it. To the dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:

Obsession203

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem with my escalade, I had to jump start it, towed, even died on me while driving. It was so frustrating I brought it in many times. Then as the 3rd time towing it the truck driver was checking the battery and then he shock it and my truck started. Further inspecting it he notice my negative wire to the batter was faulty

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New info: just got a message from the dealer. The battery is failing some tests. I specifically asked them to change the battery last time because I was certain it was getting worn out faster. The dealer wouldn't budge. What a waste of my time. I also do not believe that they are really diagnosing the problem because whatever is draining the battery can drain it within a few hours.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but do you have GM Corp. involved in this? I had a rep and it may have helped a little in getting things accomplished. My electrical issue was a lose wire, in the battery fuse box, location 75? I can't remember and I don't have my paperwork with me. It hasn't had a single problem since they found the lose wire, which is a huge step, considering my truck was getting so bad it would die on the highway.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading this actually annoys me, so I can't imagine your frustration. Are they at least giving you a decent loaner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065