2011 Denali 6.2L Dual Exhaust Q- I've searched!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxrep

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've searched as much as I could and have tidbits but no solid info. Thanks in advance for any help. I never thought I'd mod my Denali, as it's the family truckster and I have other cars to feed my mod bug. But I guess I can't NOT mod something (it's a disease), so here goes.
Backstory- I have rear bumper damage from a trailer I was towing that came off the ball and put a huge dent in the bumper. This happened in my driveway and I was an idiot for not checking the trailer first. I'm looking now to do the Esky Premium Dual Exhaust bumper as a replacement. Wish this had happened in January so I could've just bought the White Diamond Tri-Coat one from eBay.
What I need- Anyhow, what I'm looking for from anyone is a recommendation on converting to dual exhaust. What is different here is that since I'm going with the Esky dual cutout bumper, I'm deleting the spare tire, so I don't need anything that routes around that. I plan to have a shop just mandrel bend the pipe- no worries there. I'm not really looking to buy a full cat-back system- I mean, I'll have to have a shop bend pipe regardless. What I need is a muffler or muffler/resonator combination that lets the thing breathe a little better, gives it a real nice tone at WOT, sounds mean but not too loud at idle, but is NOT obtrusive and does NOT have drone. We do long trips with this thing and I want to try and keep it quiet at cruising RPM's.
I like the comfort of my Denali and would lean towards quiet if I had a choice.

What is the consensus for what I need from you experts?

Again, thanks for any good reply, and I apologize to those that feel the need flame me with the standard "Do a search" comments.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a Magnaflow and have a shop run the pipes to the dual exhaust locations in the bumper and call it a day :Handshake: There are numerous varieties of Magnaflow mufflers out there. Some are loud and some are not loud. I run the 12589 on my Burb (which has the 5.3) and it's perfect for our family ride. No drone and only really noticeable when you step on it, accelerate from a stop light and at cold start up. Not sure what the equivalent would be for a 6.2 powered Denali but I'm sure there is one :waytogo:

peterj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put the Magnaflow 12909 on my Denali today. Sounds great, no drone, not too loud under normal driving conditions but opens up from 3000 rpm's.

07whitetahoe

Reaction score
When it comes to magna flow, bigger the body, the quieter it will be. 6.2's are louder by nature and also have the 3.5" system. 12909 is probably you're only option because of the bigger pipe. 5x11x22 is the body size with a single offset. Should sound great!

OP
OP
R

rxrep

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks a ton for the info! I'm also looking at the 12595. It has 3.5" inlet and dual 3" outlets. Instead of splitting after the muffler. Don't know if it will fit but assume it will. Does anyone know what size pipe is needed in to the Esky Premium dual exhaust tips?

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it. I had a MBRP for a while. It was loud, gave me the rumble, low drone. However, I felt a little too kid-ish.

I put the stock exhaust back on but without the resonator... sounds great. Just cut off your resonator and see if that's the sound you want

Brock

Reaction score
Had mine done at the local muffler shop & probably paid too much. Twin pipes back from the cats, plus two mufflers. Magnaflows, about $650. Sounds wicked & a little loud. Definitely get a K&N or similar intake.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Got an intake for sale if you want it!

MY magnaflow 12909 definitely is noticeable under acceleration...felt a lil difference in power too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate