2011 tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirJAG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 tahoe TL and i have the plastic/foe wood panels in the dash and arm rest...is there any aftermarket stuff out there to replace it with? i would like just a stainless steel or black, or carbon fiber look...i think the fake wood is kinda cheezey...

anyone know what my options are?

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything you get is going to be plastic/faux. I like the wood the best on the cashmere interior and the Z71 trim on a black or grey interior. It sounds like you have black. I would get the Z71 trim as mentioned but it will cost you more. You probably already have this on your steering wheel spokes and around the AC vents. Personally, I wouldn't want the stick on overlays you referenced on a brand new vehicle.

OP
OP
S

SirJAG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i have other options besides the trim overlays? the Z71 you mentioned above, is that different than the stick on stuff i found online??

and thanks for the input guys.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Yes. Z71 is the offroad trim line for the Tahoe. They have titanium colored bezels instead of the faux wood. They are oem items and you can get them at the dealerships, ebay, or even some members here that may not like the titanium and prefer the faux wood (not me!). All you have to do is pull off the faux wood bezels and snap on the titanium ones. A few of the pieces may require switching stuff like the window switches over, but that's nothing a screwdriver can't handle. The only complicated thing would be if you want to change the steering wheel spokes over. There is a writeup on this forum for that. Even then, after you get passed the first step, which I found to be the hardest part, it's very easy from there.

In case you're not sure how the titanium would look, just look at the a/c vent surrounds on your dashboard.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the z71 package too. I believe the tahoe LS has the same trim if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Oh, my. Don't get me started on that fake wood look! The morons at GM that think that the fake wood look is "top-of-the-line" are beyond stupid, so they were promoted to management positions. :insane:

Here's one good topic discussing killing the out-of-place wood look in a Tahoe: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28511

There are quite a few other topics in this forum where posters have done OUTSTANDING jobs making their Tahoes look much more refined. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968