2011 Tahoe no crank no start need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockman101

Reaction score
Turn the key dash lights radio all work. No click. No power going to purple wire on starter.
Brought to a shop they through a new ECM, ignition and anti theft module in it. Didn't fix it. Told to come get it they don't know what else to do. Only charged for parts still 800$ but could of been worse.
Passlock stays on while trying to do key relearn light never goes out after 10 11 12 minutes heck even an hr.
Starter does turn over jumping the relay. Battery ground to block is good and clean. All fuses good. Read possibly bcm is bad. My code reader doesn't read bcm codes.
I even tried a different under hood fuse box.

I'm completely stumped!!!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn the key dash lights radio all work. No click. No power going to purple wire on starter.
Brought to a shop they through a new ECM, ignition and anti theft module in it. Didn't fix it. Told to come get it they don't know what else to do. Only charged for parts still 800$ but could of been worse.
Passlock stays on while trying to do key relearn light never goes out after 10 11 12 minutes heck even an hr.
Starter does turn over jumping the relay. Battery ground to block is good and clean. All fuses good. Read possibly bcm is bad. My code reader doesn't read bcm codes.
I even tried a different under hood fuse box.

I'm completely stumped!!!!
Did the shop pull the BCM codes? Who do you know with a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need a quality bi-directional scanner to troubleshoot without throwing more parts at it. One thought that I have is that the ignition switch may be failing. I had this happen with my 1997 Yukon (RIP).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a scanner that can read the key position, could be a variety of things even a bad key. Stop throwing money at it as already noted, put your money in a scanner and troubleshoot if a shop took me for $800 and didn't fix it I would be pissed to say the least

chooch502

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully you have the old modules so when you find a good technician he can replace them and fix your original problem. So after they replaced the ignition they swapped in an anti theft module then an ECM . Wow did they check for a camshaft or crank signal?
Were the "new" modules reprogrammed ?
Love to see the invoice for this piece of handiwork!

OP
OP
R

Rockman101

Reaction score
Don't have access to a tech2 I own a few Chevy's so I should try to find one. Lots of sites sell them I've noticed. Im leaning is a theft deterrent problem

OP
OP
R

Rockman101

Reaction score
You need a scanner that can read the key position, could be a variety of things even a bad key. Stop throwing money at it as already noted, put your money in a scanner and troubleshoot if a shop took me for $800 and didn't fix it I would be pissed to say the least
Solid plan. They did make new keys also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apx2ApxDriver