2011 vs 2012 Navigation Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for an 11 or 12 Yukon Denali. I know they upgraded the Navigation in 2012. How big of a change with this? Are there major differences in functionality/performance?

I've seen both systems but I didn't use them enough to really notice the differences. The one thing I did notice was the 2012 had the grid lines on the backup camera. I really like that feature but it hardly seems worth the several thousand price difference between the 11's and 12's I've seen.

Are the factory navigation/infotainment setups bad enough that aftermarket is the way to go? I'm considering aftermarket too but I prefer the factory setup if it is decent for navigation, phone pairing, using playlists from my phone, etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a 12 Denali. The Navigation is definitely much better than the 11. I didn't use the 11 a whole lot but it seems much further behind. It isn't anywhere near as sophisticated as the new MyLink system, but still a solid upgrade. The grid lines on the backup camera are definitely nice to have.

Last edited:

bski224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get the 11 and purchase a 12 nav system. Save thousands!!