2012 Airbag Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aniwack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 2012 PPV with a bad passenger airbag seat sensor. I changed out the seat (the cloth was torn to shreads) and now to clear the error I need the system recalibrated. The local can fix anything guru doesn’t have the computer to reset the system. Am I stuck with having to wait 8 months on a dealer tech to push a button and charging me out the ass?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 2012 PPV with a bad passenger airbag seat sensor. I changed out the seat (the cloth was torn to shreads) and now to clear the error I need the system recalibrated. The local can fix anything guru doesn’t have the computer to reset the system. Am I stuck with having to wait 8 months on a dealer tech to push a button and charging me out the ass?
I've understood that entire system calibrates itself after component changes. Did you disconnect the battery while doing the swap out?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It won't clear until the fix is made. SRS codes are "permanent" codes, meaning they might be able to be reset with a scanner but if there's a problem with the system, the code will set immediately upon power-up.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could just be the sensor calibration for the correct passenger weight. I'm not sure about these seats but other manufacturers have a procedure where a specific weighted pad is used for the calibration, so the sensor can tell whether or not the passenger -- or the box that's sitting on the seat LOL -- weighs enough to activate the airbag for that seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet

Latest posts