2012 Tahoe needs a new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remove the rocker arm and see if the valve stem is still attached to the valve retainer. If it is pull, it up and see if it comes up level to the other closed valves. You may be lucky enough to have only a broken or collapsed valve spring. That spring can be replaced by either pressurizing the cylinder after removing the other rocker or using a bent screw driver or other such tool through the spark plug hole to keep the valve closed and using a special valve spring compressor. Also make certain the push rods aren't bent.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to but maybe in the future when I have time and money. I am a full time father with 4 kids while my
Wife works full time but hopefully in the future. Thanks for tips!

I pulled the spring out and the spring is broken. Here the link.

Then I installed a new spring and new sparks plugs.

Put everything back on and it runs way better than before. My wife is so relieved.
Now you can flame those dishonest men on social media and have the proof to back up your claims so that others might not get taken by these bums.

Love that you went after this and that it was a relatively simple and inexpensive repair. Your wife and children will look upon you with even more admiration now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TalaveraTattoo