2012 Yukon XL Denali - ignition power source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am putting a dash cam in my 2012 Yukon XL Denali and having trouble finding a 12VDC power source from the ignition? I had this in my 2007 Yukon and had it was working from a source where when I started it up the dash cam came on and when shut off the car off the dash cam also went off but having trouble finding a 12VDC power source near the fuses that I can use.

????

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can tap into the mirror harness 2 pink wires the center most 1 is the positive, black wire on the corner is the negative or in left side of the drivers footwell there is a small junction box with a black plastic cover, there are various connectors in there to tap into, you probably won't find a open spot because on the denali they are all used, but just use a meter and find one that is key on.wire.jpg

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like a lot (all?) of the driver side fuses should be hot..?

Could also be the power adapter for your dashcam is set to only come on when voltage is higher?

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like a lot (all?) of the driver side fuses should be hot..?

Could also be the power adapter for your dashcam is set to only come on when voltage is higher?
Yes, they all are providing 12VDC all the time, can't find one that shuts off with the ignition. That is what I need, one that goes on when I turn the key on and goes off when I turn the key off.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, you want accessory or ignition power, I see that now..

Well. there is probably an easier way... (Doubeleive's mirror tap or the $30 ebay connnector!)

Worst case, there is some power at the left i/p junction block

leftiploc.png

underside
leftip.png

x1volt.png
x2volt.png

Ignition voltage might be better, 'Accessory' is highlighted only because that's how I searched for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcalder919