2013 Suburban, rattle or tapping noise from the right rear wheel well area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I messed with this a little more this morning. I took the bolt out and removed the lower portion of the mount. looing up at it there is a steel outer sleeve that is part of the mount. This steel sleeve passes through the hole in the ear on the frame. there is a very tight tolerance around this sleeve. I took a small block of wood and softly tapped on that sleeve a little to see if it was solid or if it had a little movement. I could tell it had some movement and wasn't solid to the frame. Anyway, that simple act made the noise worse as in it occurs more often that before so... going to have to look into doing something with that mount I guess.

Reaction score
Have you thought about spraying some silicone or WD40 up around it and see what effect that has?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My GUESS is replace ALL the mounts.....
Maybe.... I just might take that one apart and see if I can add the insulator GM recommends and see if that helps. I can get at all the bolts but the front one. need to take the front bumper cove off to get that one. then just jack it up.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have never done body mounts on a GMT900 but I have done several body swaps on the box body S-10 Blazers in the past.

The body mounts aren't hard to change out but it does require loosening them all, for the most part, in order to get the one you are after out.

At that point it makes sense to just swap them all I guess. Maybe upgrade to polyurethane while you are at it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just shove something in there to make it tight? **** loosen it spray some foam cavity filler in it and bolt it back up, done

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
why not just shove something in there to make it tight? **** loosen it spray some foam cavity filler in it and bolt it back up, done
I was thinking about doing almost exactly this. I was going to take the mount out someday and install the insulators noted in a TSB for this issue. If that didn’t do it I was going to fill that cavity above it with two cans of filler to deaden the sound. For now I use the radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLady