2013 Suburban, rattle or tapping noise from the right rear wheel well area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, so I have the plastic insulator thing on order and have figured out the part number for the mount thanks to @915_Tahoe. The mount and lower cushion are pretty cheap. I suppose I should replace it all since it will be in my hand when I take it apart.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the insulator, upper and lower body mount. Not happy to have to lift the body up off the frame but will update as things progress.
Just a thought as we like to help spend other people's money here, but since you will need to take all the mounting bolts out at least on the one side of your vehicle, why not just replace all of them on that side and be done with that side.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just a thought as we like to help spend other people's money here, but since you will need to take all the mounting bolts out at least on the one side of your vehicle, why not just replace all of them on that side and be done with that side.
From what I have read as well as what I see form a visual inspection all my body mounts are in good shape. I understand the noise is due more to the design and movement of the mount rather than the condition. I ordered the mount parts too as insurance so I have them in hand when I take it apart. Replacing all of them would come to the tune of $400 per side.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have read as well as what I see form a visual inspection all my body mounts are in good shape. I understand the noise is due more to the design and movement of the mount rather than the condition. I ordered the mount parts too as insurance so I have them in hand when I take it apart. Replacing all of them would come to the tune of $400 per side.
I see - Like I said, we like to help spend other people's money.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say, the body mounts aren’t cheap. I was looking into doing the Trailblazer body mount swap in order to drop the body 1/2” or whatever it is until I saw the complete set of mounts costs a small fortune. Glad to hear you have a plan for this issue George!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLady