2014 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2014 yukon denali with about 100,000 miles. It dont matter what speed but when you do a hard acceleration. The vehicle stalls for a second. While the radio turns off then on. lights and locks flicker. I am very mechanically inclined. Also have a 13 silverado. That i Swapped battery and alternator from. Checked all grounds and wires but still cant find the problem.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
electrical short somewhere if it causes all that it shouldn't be too hard to find, check all larger grounds, fuse box, look around starter area as well
maybe get a meter and ohm test as much as you can
inspect the ecm harness and connection, engine to frame grounds
you might even give the transmission harness a good look to, there is a tsb out there for it causing problems if some pins are not seated right.
maybe throw a scanner on it and see if there are any history codes.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As @Doubeleive suggested, check out the electrical connections first, as these trucks are very sensitive to electrical issues. Once you've checked out these items, let us know what you've found, and we'll continue to work with you toward a solution.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the acceleration causes engine movement when your problem occurs, so you might also try hooking up your meter to monitor system voltage and give all the big harness a good wiggle and see if anything happens, that potentially could lead you to the problem area, like a wire that has rubbed thru from moving back n forth on a hard surface, etc.
numerous times people have found wires exposed and shorting each other where they cross a ridge or sit on the engine, frame, etc
be sure to check the ones going up into the fuse box as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta