2015 MY Refresh Already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOVA99

Reaction score
I read on the Escalade forum that Escalades are getting 8-SPD Trans, 4GLTE Navigation, new logo, etc. in Oct/Nov 2015. This is why pricing and availability is a mess on the Cadillac side and the dealer I tried to order from initially knew nothing and pricing is still not finalized (even though the tailights suck)? They eventually provided pricing, but no availability or ETA to the dealership. So...the Denali & Escalade share Powertrain, Magnetic Ride, HUD, etc.

Dealer Reps. => Is any of this true and the better question is are the Denali's we all have on order already outdated? I will be pissed if an 8-SPD Denali arrives by Halloween/Thanksgiving 2014, especially since the column shifter is outdated, GM has needed to address, and I am coming out of 8-SPD BMW.

Last edited:

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until 2016 model features are announced unless they are updates earlier. With the vett and ctsv 6.2L confirmed to get 8 speeds the gm large SUVs and trucks will get it on no time.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is to get a 8 speed. More and likely it will have some issues in the first year. Also, if it hunts as bad as the current 6 speed...............

sal214

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
8 speed transmissions supposedly bump mpg 6-8%. I'm not sure they'll offer much more. I also don't know that I'd care about the wifi. I'm sure there are faster and cheaper options than onstar.

The escalade sounds more like an issue as they are apparently changing some of the look (crest?) as well that may bother someone who just bought a new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I hear 8 Speed will be Cadillac only for at least the first year. There IS a mid year breakpoint RPO for all of the trucks though, I could care less about LTE and I'll install the foot open rear lift gate stuff myself ;)

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I hear 8 Speed will be Cadillac only for at least the first year. There IS a mid year breakpoint RPO for all of the trucks though, I could care less about LTE and I'll install the foot open rear lift gate stuff myself ;)

I just want the rear foot opener on my 07...

I need to find a guy who's good with electronics and gizmos and stuff that might be willing to see if it's possible... ;)

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want the rear foot opener on my 07...

I need to find a guy who's good with electronics and gizmos and stuff that might be willing to see if it's possible... ;)

If you had something that was Global A I could do it; a lot changes in 8 years :(

why_fly_high

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only thing that really interests me about the wifi is that if what I have heard is correct, I can add it to my existing ATT plan for $10 and then just share the data that I already have tons of left each month. If it would let me use Pandora or other services without hooking up my iphone then it would be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap