2015 Tahoe - issues with collision alert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OC 72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine works on occasion.. .. Glad I don't rely on the damn thing!!

vp46

Reaction score
I dig it - it works when it works. I know it has a high likely hood of saving my silly butt some serious grief let alone avoid injury - I'm very glad to have it.

Who in their right mind would rely on it? Maybe the same guy who bought a motorhome turned on cruise control and went in the back to nap.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've turned mine off... don't even think I had it on but a few days

Doug_L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too turned mine off after only a few days. I found the green car icon to be too distracting.

krmullins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Collision Warning

I am having the same issue with my 2015 Tahoe. I have not received a warning when following a vehicle closely.

Thanks,

KRM

Reaction score
Following closely doesn't trigger the collision alert. You can tailgate 10' away from a vehicle and it won't alert, just turn yellow. If a car is going to turn right etc. and is almost stopped and there is a big difference in speed etc. mine will alert.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works the way it is intended as well. Cars parked on side of the road sticking out a little. Someone braking short or cars turning and dropping speed. When distance between two objects closes quickly it goes off.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember it is COLLISION ALERT not "you're too close to another car alert".

There is a lot of calculations going on in the computer as to whether or not it should be going off. In my experience it works great and as it should. Do you really want your seat to rattle every time you approach a car at a stop light?

jab862

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe

Collision is worthless, 2 dealers look at t and agreed with me!!! It needs a GM fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut