2015i Order Status

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbully

Reaction score
@motor / others - My order finally went through today. (status 2000) There was a hold up of the Q7M wheels but apparently an order using those wheels fell through somewhere else and my dealer was subsequently alerted. He was able to get mine in.

Now the waiting game starts...... (Oh wait, I was already waiting, wasn't I?)

GXG - Iridium Metallic (hope I like it - never saw it in person)
AWD Denali
All the boxes "checked" and a few LPOs as well.

I guess I should start looking at selling my '09 to make room.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@motor / others - My order finally went through today. (status 2000) There was a hold up of the Q7M wheels but apparently an order using those wheels fell through somewhere else and my dealer was subsequently alerted. He was able to get mine in.

Now the waiting game starts...... (Oh wait, I was already waiting, wasn't I?)

GXG - Iridium Metallic (hope I like it - never saw it in person)
AWD Denali
All the boxes "checked" and a few LPOs as well.

I guess I should start looking at selling my '09 to make room.

Great!

I had iridium metallic before. Its a nice easy color to take care of. It does have a purple hue to it. For my 2015i order, I chose black. BTW, I got a production week of 10/9 for mine. I hope to see it in 6 weeks from now.

tbully

Reaction score
Great!

I had iridium metallic before. Its a nice easy color to take care of. It does have a purple hue to it. For my 2015i order, I chose black. BTW, I got a production week of 10/9 for mine. I hope to see it in 6 weeks from now.

I am a little concerned about the purple hue but I wanted a dark metallic. I was told the Midnight Amethyst Metallic also had a blue/purple hue.

Is this true?

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a little concerned about the purple hue but I wanted a dark metallic. I was told the Midnight Amethyst Metallic also had a blue/purple hue.

Is this true?

Yes. Unfortunately it does turn purplish/violet. Midnight Amethyst Metallic is even MORE purple...and costs $595 more! I too wanted a dark metallic color. It's too bad that they don't have a deep charcoal or such. I defaulted to black (even with its headaches) as I do think the Denali looks great and very serious in the darker colors.

tbully

Reaction score
Yes. Unfortunately it does turn purplish/violet. Midnight Amethyst Metallic is even MORE purple...and costs $595 more! I too wanted a dark metallic color. It's too bad that they don't have a deep charcoal or such. I defaulted to black (even with its headaches) as I do think the Denali looks great and very serious in the darker colors.

:) Thanks.

I guess I will take a gamble. Worst case (and this would suck!) is that I'd have to leave it at the dealer if I didn't like it.

The dealer is, in fact, OK with that as he knows he'll be able to sell it.

I think the Acadia and several Buicks also use these colors so I guess I could go hunt them down.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) Thanks.

I guess I will take a gamble. Worst case (and this would suck!) is that I'd have to leave it at the dealer if I didn't like it.

The dealer is, in fact, OK with that as he knows he'll be able to sell it.

I think the Acadia and several Buicks also use these colors so I guess I could go hunt them down.

That's exactly what I did. My dealer sells Buick as well. Other GMCs did have that color. I looked at them and thought I would try it. Much as I liked the metallic portion of it, the purplish-violet bothered me. I would stare at a clean black one going down the road, chrome Denali grille and all, and think that maybe I should have bought black. When I ordered this time, I ordered black...again, I'm not knocking the color, just saying that I don't care for ANY of GMC's dark colors.

Last edited:

tbully

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did. My dealer sells Buick as well. Other GMCs did have that color. I looked at them and thought I would try it. Much as I liked the metallic portion of it, I just would stare at a clean black one going down the road, chrome Denali grille and all, and think that maybe I should have bought black. When I ordered this time, I ordered black...again, I'm not knocking the color, just saying that I don't care for ANY of GMC's dark colors.

No offense taken. I'm not sure I'm sold on it and I have it on order! :) I've always gone with a dark metallic or black myself. My dealer has a Yuk in the Iridium and a Buick in the Amethyst so maybe I will swing through tonight.

I doubt it matters at this point. I think that once it goes "2000", I'm "locked in".

Perhaps it will grow on me.....

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Imminent. Today, I got a 10/6/14 build week for my truck (TPW). Hopefully I'm driving it within 5-6 weeks from now. My dealer told me that GM should be updating the Chevy, GMC, and Cadillac websites in about two weeks. The timing was apparently to minimize any negative sentiment for the 2015 (non i) models that may be sold and/or delivered between now and then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap