2015i Tahoe GPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@jericholics2001, I got it back last night with new antenna, seems to be fixed for now. The service manager was talking to me about the corvette problem as well, I guess on the stingrays it has to do with placement of antenna but who knows if that's accurate. I'm curious to see how yours goes, hopefully not an ongoing problem. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same GPS icon with the X through it, inaccurate Nav and onstar could not locate me. They replaced a splitter PN 20960972, Cable kit PN 13581173 and finally the antenna PN 23196170 + paint. Took 5 days for the antenna to come in and another day for paint. The entire process took 14 days between trouble shooting and getting parts.
Got it back last night...... so far so good.

OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crazy how this is really the only thread i can find anywhere with this problem.. seems to be a more common than maybe anyone realizes..

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after getting the run around from the service advisor he calls last thursday to say they were putting it back together and it would be ready in the afternoon. My wife asked him 3 times so its working and you guys checked it out. He says yes. She gets there turns in the rental car gets in our suburban. Damn red X still thru the GPS. Beyond pissed. She grabs a different advisor they take it for a quick drive thinking maybe it needed to satellite reset. Seems to show in the general location about a mile off. Calls onstar. They cant locate the vehicle. Finally locate vehicle they try a reset. No luck. So its still at the dealership. Pathetic service dept. Three Way Chevrolet in Bakersfield. Called service manager the next day leaving him a message of how were not getting our vehicle fixed and all the headache theyve put us through. Ask for a call back. Wife calls service advisor same day to see if theyve looked into it further. Goes to voicemail. Its monday morning now and still havent had a call back from anyone at the service dept. Contacted chevy customer care and theyve opened up a case for me and will contact the dealership on my behalf. Weve only owned Toyota up to this point. This was our first chevy purchase possibly last based upon this service nightmare. Its too bad cause we really love the car. All we want is our car fixed and not to say its ready and have us waste our time when its not. At this point weve driven the vehicle a total of 40 days and its now been at the dealership for 14. Probably takes them 3 days to change wiper blades.

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a call back this morning. Theyre going to replace the antenna again. Which means I have to wait for the part, them to take to a body shop (they claim they don't paint) and wait for the part to comeback and install. The service manager says they ordered an older antenna that had a hole for moisture and when they washed my car the water went into the antenna. So now they ordered the correct 1. Sounds all like BS if you ask me.

Jfisher320

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the same problem with my 2015 Tahoe. I read this forum before taking it into my dealer. I tried telling the dealer about this when I made my appointment they refused to "talk about service fixes over the phone". I brought it in and they say there is a service bulletin to replace the high frequency antenna and it will take 5-7 days to come in. This is why I tried to talk to them on the phone first now I am stuck driving to Florida without a Nav System. Glad I paid this much for a vehicle and added this expensive option only to have it stop working three weeks after I bought it. Also a big fail on the part of Marty Feldman Chevrolet service department. I will be finding a new dealer to buy my vehicles and get service from in the future.

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was able to pick up by suburban on friday. They replaced the antenna again and this time it worked. Previous attempt they claimed they put the wrong antenna and it get water in it. Probably was not sealed correctly. The messed up thing is they had the part on Xmas eve but service advisor said gm wanted them to keep it for another week to check it periodically to make sure the repair was complete. Unacceptable. Service mgr got someone to install the antenna that day and we picked it up friday. Maybe gm needs to train their people on customer service. Found out the tech that was working on our vehicle had taken vacation and wouldnt be back until monday. Thats the real reason it needed to be kept. I dont like being lied too. Shame on three way chevrolet in Bakersfield. I love our vehicle but next time ill pay a lil more and buy GMC cause i know Motor City GMC in Bakersfield has a good service dept.

AWCheese

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ – my nav system / GPS is also on the fritz –

Onstar indicator on rear view mirror is Red (not green) – indicating a problem, and the GPs map shows me off by at least 50 miles from current position. It was 1800 miles off at purchase (which I didnt notice till after that day!)

CAL shown on dash display (calibrate?) – but I have no restriction from satellite access overhead. When map is visible same GPS with an X through it is visible – meaning no GPS data. Xm works – I figure that runs through same antenna.

Onstar tech says – bad Onstar module, or Antenna. Dealership going to try putting in a new antenna.

Thanks for the insight - and Jfisher320 - was there a number or anything on that TSB?

Lets keep each other posted here.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

good info here.

Last edited:

pyoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:sorrysign:
I had the same GPS icon with the X through it, inaccurate Nav and onstar could not locate me. They replaced a splitter PN 20960972, Cable kit PN 13581173 and finally the antenna PN 23196170 + paint. Took 5 days for the antenna to come in and another day for paint. The entire process took 14 days between trouble shooting and getting parts.
Got it back last night...... so far so good.

Besides the dealer installing the new antenna loose and having water leak into my truck on Christmas Eve and then having to return to service for them to correct, clean and check to make sure the water hasn't damaged anything else, I go to pickup the truck and the antenna is installed crooked! When they corrected that, all the original symptoms came back a couple of days later. No GPS signal, no compass, onstar unable to locate. Onstar tech provided error code B2462 which I believe is pointing to GPS antenna. Service director spoke to GM engineer and was informed that the replacement antenna was the old style and there is a new style to correct this problem which is on back order. There is a TSB for this problem, I'll see if I can get the TSB #.
Has anyone been compensated in anyway by the dealer for this issue?

SHWA

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ – my nav system / GPS is also on the fritz –

Onstar indicator on rear view mirror is Red (not green) – indicating a problem, and the GPs map shows me off by at least 50 miles from current position. It was 1800 miles off at purchase (which I didnt notice till after that day!)

CAL shown on dash display (calibrate?) – but I have no restriction from satellite access overhead. When map is visible same GPS with an X through it is visible – meaning no GPS data. Xm works – I figure that runs through same antenna.

Onstar tech says – bad Onstar module, or Antenna. Dealership going to try putting in a new antenna.

Thanks for the insight - and Jfisher320 - was there a number or anything on that TSB?

Lets keep each other posted here.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

good info here.

My Denli XL has the same issue. The dealer had to order parts. Have to bring it back in next Tuesday. Fingers crossed it will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berettasr3