2016 GMC Yukon Front Differential Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Congtoid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to change both differential oils on my 2016 Yukon as it has 98k miles. I've looked up how to videos on youtube but when I crawl under my vehicle it looks nothing like the ones I've seen in the videos.
Can anybody tell me where the drain and fill plugs are?

Took some pics of these serial numbers as well, maybe they can help.

2016.5 Yukon SLT 2WD

Attachments

• 2110.jpg
    2110.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 38026.jpg
    38026.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 5
  • 3802.jpg
    3802.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 5

duke90

Reaction score
I have a 2017 4x4 with the 9.76" rear and to change the rear you have to take off all the bolts and remove the differential cover..clean it out and then put a new gasket and bolt the cover back on. After that just fill it up with differential fluid.
Not sure about your front diff, can you take a picture of it but a little further back so I can see the whole diff? On mine, the bottom bolt was the drain plug and the top was the filler plug. Make sure you can remove and loosen the top bolt before you drain the fluid...you don't want to drain the fluid and then realize that the top bolt is stuck and you have no way to refill it.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to change both differential oils on my 2016 Yukon as it has 98k miles. I've looked up how to videos on youtube but when I crawl under my vehicle it looks nothing like the ones I've seen in the videos.
Can anybody tell me where the drain and fill plugs are?

Took some pics of these serial numbers as well, maybe they can help.

2016.5 Yukon SLT 2WD
If it's indeed 2WD then you don't have a front differential.