2019 tahoe transmission line connection for new cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youredoingitpeter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been searching and I'm not seeing any pictures as to which line to "tap" into for an added trans cooler. I'm a visual kinda guy. Show me once and I'll do it. Tell me once and I'm lost lol
I bought a mishimoto trans cooler with fan. I'm leaning towards mounting under by bumper rather than behind grille. Unless there is a good reason to mounting behind grille than under the bumper. As you can see in my intro post, my hoe be high.
I've already install the thermostat delete, but living in Southern California in triple digits and driving this ******** stop and go parking lot freeway traffic everyday after work, my temp still gets higher than I'd like.
Any pictures are appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which engine and transmission combination do you have? You generally want the line coming out of the top of the radiator to then go to the external transmission cooler. Some of those K2s like yours have a different setup where the top of the AC condenser is the transmission cooler.

OP
OP
youredoingitpeter

youredoingitpeter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which engine and transmission combination do you have? You generally want the line coming out of the top of the radiator to then go to the external transmission cooler. Some of those K2s like yours have a different setup where the top of the AC condenser is the transmission cooler.
It's a 5.3 and a 6 speed.
I did notice the lines coming out of the transmission to the radiator. One went to driver side and the other went to the passenger side. I know for sure the passenger side went to the top side of radiator.

OP
OP
youredoingitpeter

youredoingitpeter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Tonyv__

@youredoingitpeter You might consider signing up for the shop manual at ALLDATADIY or one of the freebies and get access to the diagrams.
I'll look into that. Thank you. I also dived deeper into it last night. The correction I will make is that the trans lines go past the radiator into the ac condenser. I found this diagram of my set up. Now I just need to know which side/line is the appropriate one to go in and out of. Driver side or passenger side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240808_130349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_130349_Chrome.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 3

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into that. Thank you. I also dived deeper into it last night. The correction I will make is that the trans lines go past the radiator into the ac condenser. I found this diagram of my set up. Now I just need to know which side/line is the appropriate one to go in and out of. Driver side or passenger side.
Looks like the driver's side would be the return but I do not know for certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta