2021 - Loud/clunking noise when opening a door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpoyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Tahoe makes very loud/clicking noise when I open a door. Doesn’t happen every time. Does anyone know what this could be?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a clue…mine doesn’t do that.

Could be an issue with the hinge or door latch. If it’s not very lubricated, might want to give it a little lubricant and see if the issue goes away.

OP
OP
D

dpoyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a clue…mine doesn’t do that.

Could be an issue with the hinge or door latch. If it’s not very lubricated, might want to give it a little lubricant and see if the issue goes away.
Noise is coming from the dash.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 2022 Yukon makes a bunch of clacking clicking noise "after" exiting the vehicle and not right away but a couple of minutes later, it appears to be coming from the dash or lower in the dash area. Have not figured out what that is either. I also hear a buzzing noise when opening or closing any door and assume that is from the electric fuel pump thinking it is going to be started soon?

Cryptocap

Reaction score
I recall seeing in the manual(p. 218) that it is normal during break in and part of the electrical systems adjusting. It mentions it is a one time thing, however, I have noticed it as well quiet a few times.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 2022 Yukon makes a bunch of clacking clicking noise "after" exiting the vehicle and not right away but a couple of minutes later, it appears to be coming from the dash or lower in the dash area. Have not figured out what that is either. I also hear a buzzing noise when opening or closing any door and assume that is from the electric fuel pump thinking it is going to be started soon?
All that is normal. I think that clicking sound after you shut it off is a self check of something.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. It makes some funny noises when I get near the vehicle before starting it and it all makes several funny sounds a minute or two after shutting it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM