2021 Yukon slips when accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bert6839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We are having this issue and I'm curious if it's the auto air suspension. We are also having a delay and small thud when in park and shifting into reverse. Feels like it's coming form the drivetrain after the transmission.

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
lol, well glad it's resolved! Drove my wife's car for an hour and a half yesterday and the bump was gone.
I’m so glad I found this thread. This sound has been driving me crazy for the last few days. Made me super paranoid considering I just changed the driver side CV axle. Anyways, just checked which mode the vehicle was in and what do you know - auto. Hopefully this gets rid of this sound!

ETA: still can hear it. Gonna check this next:

I can definitely hear it coming from the rear.

ETA2: driver side rear sway bar link upper attachment was loose approx a 1/4-1/2 turn. When I tried to tq the nut, the bolt spun. Had to use a wrench to prevent the bolt from spinning in order to tq it down to 74 ft-lbs. Drove it around the block and so far I don’t hear the clunk. Hope this was the final fix.

Last edited:

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
We are having this issue and I'm curious if it's the auto air suspension. We are also having a delay and small thud when in park and shifting into reverse. Feels like it's coming form the drivetrain after the transmission.
Mine does the same thing regarding the thud when going into reverse. My 2020 Expedition did the same thing as well. I’m thinking this is normal.