2022 Wont start after remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, true i guess….will not know for sure till several attempts at using it i suppose
Not "testing" it. I have too much on my plate right now to risk not having my vehicle available. It does stink that it's getting so cold and can't use starter. The woman at the dealership said she probably wouldn't use it either. Not that this week get me anywhere, but I will be writing to GM and possible the Better Business Bureau. I'm at an age where I don't settle for junk anymore.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not "testing" it. I have too much on my plate right now to risk not having my vehicle available. It does stink that it's getting so cold and can't use starter. The woman at the dealership said she probably wouldn't use it either. Not that this week get me anywhere, but I will be writing to GM and possible the Better Business Bureau. I'm at an age where I don't settle for junk anymore.
Make your own call...but, when I actually read the bulletin from March, it is pretty clear GM understood the issue as being part of the Body Control Module communication w/ other modules on the vehicle ("BCM Messaging Issue"), and is pretty confident that the software update to the BCM resolved it.

If you read all 19 pages of this thread, you will find some posters who got the update, and have reported not seeing the issue again. You will also notice there are no members posting with vehicle deliveries later in the year mentioning this problem. GM likely put the updated BCM software in the production line, and thus prevented this issue in the field for later builds.

Agree, being "stranded" is not great, so I get why you might not want to use it. I have probably remote started 60-70 times since the update to my vehicle w/ no issues...

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not having a vehicle? You do realize by simply unhooking a battery terminal for a brief moment and reconnecting all is good after that…or dont you?

Im not insinuating that this is “okay” to have to do to a brand new vehicle, but it is certainly worth doing to be able to use your vehicle again.

auntpooz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not having a vehicle? You do realize by simply unhooking a battery terminal for a brief moment and reconnecting all is good after that…or dont you?

Im not insinuating that this is “okay” to have to do to a brand new vehicle, but it is certainly worth doing to be able to use your vehicle again.
Yeah, I realize that. Definitely not stupid, but crazy to have to do on a vehicle that costs so much.

brushhawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really appreciate this thread, very informative. 22 Yukon XL 3.0 purchased in Feb. Had the issue exactly as described a week ago. Pulled the neg terminal from battery and solved the issue. Was able to start and RTB. Vehicle is in shop now for BCM update. They seemed unaware of the issue and tried to say it was due to low battery voltage. Not very plausible. See if they do the update or not on pick up. Thanks again for everyone's input!

Vlandarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you read all 19 pages of this thread, you will find some posters who got the update, and have reported not seeing the issue again. You will also notice there are no members posting with vehicle deliveries later in the year mentioning this problem. GM likely put the updated BCM software in the production line, and thus prevented this issue in the field for later builds.

I came across this thread. I have a 2022 Silverado ZR2 that just experienced the exact same issue today. It was delivered to the dealership mid-October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate