2022 Yukon AT4 wants BASS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Setup I finalized on; goal was for quick removal.

Volt Meter arriving tomorrow; need to see how many amps I drop when near full tilt and how quickly it recovers.
6in RCA arriving tomorrow; now seen in pic is the 10 feet of RCA at the bottom of the amp.

TO DO:
Enclose the Lithium Battery for safety
Design and 3d print or laser cut acrylic to hold volt meter and bass knob up front. Think im going to remove the FOB holder and add the VM/bass knob here:
Screenshot 2024-04-29 161835.png

Process for when needing to remove for vacation or haul things:
Remove fuse from inline (located between AGM and Lithium)
Disconnect all lines to Lithium, tuck under 3rd row seat, slide out battery/tray
Disconnect remote wire from amp/LCi and wrap in electrical tape (tuck under 3rd row seating)
Slide out box

NOTE: Yes, I know the sub is "upside down" now (as my son ever son nicely pointed out lol), wanted the port in the middle vs next to the side...to help minimize rattle...helped "alittle"
440930643_10229102567921741_1143321232310496432_n.jpg
440857927_10229102567601733_8297586920334590516_n.jpg

All in all, im happy with this setup. Son said with the 3rd row down, I can fit 4 15" back there. I did glance at MechMan...but then thought that would be a real pain the in ass to stick with my "quick" removal need.

West1

Reaction score
Nice setup. I have a 15” FI Audio in a 21 Tahoe. Did you add a High Output Alternator?
When swapping battery, did you keep power connected to the vehicle at all times or disconnected pos/neg and swapped battery/lithium like nothing and have no issues reconnecting a new power supply (battery)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I have a 15” FI Audio in a 21 Tahoe. Did you add a High Output Alternator?
When swapping battery, did you keep power connected to the vehicle at all times or disconnected pos/neg and swapped battery/lithium like nothing and have no issues reconnecting a new power supply (battery)?
Thanks, considering selling it all. Thats how I do things...the thrill of the project often dies quickly once done :party36:. I didnt swap the battery, I added on a D4S LTO 6.0, which runs inline (fused) with the stock battery. Stock alternator.

Might end up giving my wife the AT4 since she is in need of a new car and ive been looking at getting another M5 :driver:.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, considering selling it all. Thats how I do things...the thrill of the project often dies quickly once done :party36:. I didnt swap the battery, I added on a D4S LTO 6.0, which runs inline (fused) with the stock battery. Stock alternator.

Might end up giving my wife the AT4 since she is in need of a new car and ive been looking at getting another M5 :driver:.
it may be worth noting it will sound a lot better with the sub facing the rear

SavageDad

Reaction score
View attachment 424400Goal with the system is to be able to "quickly" remove the box if/when needed for vacations or hauling large items.

That's why I keep looking for upgrades to the stock sub, I want more bass, but I do Uber XL in wine country and I need I maintain that rear space at all times. Are you doing some kind of quick connects?

West1

Reaction score

I see, nice. I considered lithium but not sure I could charge my agm with the ctek 7002 trickle charger w/a lithium wired with the stock agm

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may be worth noting it will sound a lot better with the sub facing the rear
Yeah, but the box it so damn big to where it just fits and still allows the seat to go up/down. Worried that if I turned around it (sub) would either hit the liftgate or slide back when spirited take off's from the line. :driver:

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see, nice. I considered lithium but not sure I could charge my agm with the ctek 7002 trickle charger w/a lithium wired with the stock agm
You disconnect the Lithium from the AGM setup when charging. I borrowed a friends lithium charger to top it off, added it to my setup, and that was it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SSGEATON