2023 Tahoe Premier: leaking fluid from front, minor swaying/rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every car with air conditioning will drip water when there is any humidity in the air. It's perfectly normal. The water comes out the drain tube that is below the evaporator--that's the part in the car that "chills" the cabin air. Atmospheric moisture condenses on the cold evaporator.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe23Life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Iam not talking about the exhaust at the rear it's the exhaust pipes that come off the left and right side motor condensation drips from the AC drain hits the pipe and makes a sizzle sound some drip on the floor which is water. Get under and look and you will see what I mean.
OK, thanks for the explanation, and that makes sense. How normal is this condensation drip? Anything to be concerned about?

OP
OP
T

Tahoe23Life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every car with air conditioning will drip water when there is any humidity in the air. It's perfectly normal. The water comes out the drain tube that is below the evaporator--that's the part in the car that "chills" the cabin air. Atmospheric moisture condenses on the cold evaporator.
I think you answered my question I just asked in another reply lol. Thanks. I don't remember noticing this in previous vehicles or last summer in my Tahoe. But I cannot be sure.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe23Life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have air suspension and magnetic ride in my 6.2l 2WD Tahoe High Country. It’s got almost 4k miles. Bought it new. It’s my daily driver and
I tow a boat/trailer that goes around 6500lbs around once a week.

I changed oil at 1000k and plan on changing oil 3-4k miles. I check oil dip stick couple times a month and check the driveway and garage floor, if I saw any leaks I would be back at the dealership complaining. New truck should not leak, use oil, or make any strange noises at idle, under throttle or slowing down. I don’t think that’s too much to expect from any new truck regardless of trim level.
I wonder if our difference in ride is the air ride vs magnetic ride? I considered purchasing a High Country with air ride, but the closest dealer with one in stock at the time was several hundred miles away. I could have rented a car, drove out, purchased the High Country and driven back but opted for the local Premier.

Is the air suspension notably smoother and less bumpy than the magnetic ride? If so, maybe next time.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I wonder if our difference in ride is the air ride vs magnetic ride? I considered purchasing a High Country with air ride, but the closest dealer with one in stock at the time was several hundred miles away. I could have rented a car, drove out, purchased the High Country and driven back but opted for the local Premier.

Is the air suspension notably smoother and less bumpy than the magnetic ride? If so, maybe next time.
I’m sure the air suspension helps but my previous tow vehicle was Chevy 2500 max tow package but not magnetic ride and no air suspension, 6.0l 8 speed. That towed 6500lbs with no bounce or sway.

I am very particular about the tongue weight and the trailer balance. I have experimented with my boat just a couple inches fore/aft and hitch height. Depending on how close you are to limits just an inch can make a difference and a couple inches can make the difference between beautiful or crappy ride.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe23Life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About the dripping, I had someone look under the vehicle, and there is no damage. The leakage is clearly water, so it must be AC condensation unless there's some other explanation. Today, I noticed it is dripping from the driver side of the back of the engine rather than the middle, which I think I did not notice previously.

For the swaying, I'll have to take that into the dealer at some point and have them look at it.

Gearz

Reaction score
Having worked as a technician for over 30 years I suggest that you take a drive with the technician working on your truck so they can identify your concerns to find if some or all of your concerns are valid. The fluid sounds like condensation from the A/C drain which is normal or they may need to turn the elbow so it doesn't hit the exhaust. The rough or swaying could be possibly just the roads you drive on so don't suggest anything that's what the technicians job is. Road test and let them figure it out. This truck also has cylinder deactivation so you could be feeling that driving down the road as well.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
x2 on having the tech ride with you. Be sure the service writer, or you can even write in when you sign, vehicle sways on start up and drive. It ensures your warranty will cover what’s broken NOW, but not discovered until later.

Suspect leaky MagRide struts if equipped or motor mounts. Moving to a bigger (heavier) rim will work the strut harder so do not let anyone talk you away from good clear documentation on your repair order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwvjr

Latest posts