2023 Tahoe Premier: leaking fluid from front, minor swaying/rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Addressing the OP's swaying/rough ride comment....

My 2021 Yukon wobbles/lumbers a bit at low speed - maybe it's normal - but you can visibly see the steering wheel move a bit so it's not just 'in my mind'. We bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L a year ago and love it. We mostly tow 5300lb camping trailer with it because my 2004 Cadillac SRX and wife's 2011 CTS are still 100% and we use these for weekly town driving. So I'm talking about the occasional non-tow city driving trip for gas etc.

I'm used to my SRX V8 (of 20yrs) which is a tight, fast, smooth, smaller vehicle! In comparison the 2021 Yukon seems like it's wobbling or lumbering 'just a bit' at <15mph on city streets turning sharp corners or slightly non-smooth/level streets?!? It's definitely not tight/smooth like the SRX and CTS. It has magnetic ride but no air.

I presume this is normal because it's not a sports car, it's a good sized luxury towing beast, and is perfectly smooth >30mph etc and the tires a little bit mud-grip vs pure highway. But I wonder what others think.

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up figuring out for sure what the leak is? My 2023 Yukon Denali is doing the same thing- after I park in garage I hear a squirting sound underneath the engine every 5 seconds or so for about a minute or two- looks like water is coming out but it is either coming out with force or is cold on the hot garage floor because it makes a sizzle sound. Goes on for a few minutes. But it has to be water because there is no stain on garage floor…wondering if this is normal or if I should take it in. It doesn’t sound like a normal noise to me!
All, this issue is a completely normal design feature of any vehicle w/ Air Conditioning. A/C is run when it is hot outside, usually humid, and thus condensation forms on the evaporator core (in theHVAC box in the dash, where the heater core is too), and needs to drain away. Just like your home Central Air has a condensation drain on the A-Coil in your system.

The HVAC Box in the dash has a pan under the evaporator, and the pan has a drain and a hose that exits the cabin on the firewall and drips down to evacuate the condensate (Water).

This drips out under the vehicle...does it on every vehicle. In this design, GM has it dripping on the exhaust, which, when hot, will evaporate it and make a sizzling sound. Net...normal, stop worrying about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTweedt70