2023 Yukon XL Windshield Wipers periodically stop working while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MishawakaKirk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 GMC Yukon XL. I bought it brand new. I currently have 11K miles on it.

Periodically when I'm driving in the rain with my front windshield wipers on they totally stop working. I try every setting on the wiper dial (all intermittent settings and LO and HI) and they won't start working again. I will be driving at any speed up to 65 mph. They'll stay off for anywhere from 5-15 minutes and then just start working again. Everything else on that stem will continue working properly (all settings for rear wipers, turn signals, even the windshield wash button -- but no wipers).

This is clearly very dangerous and very bad. I've taken it to my GMC dealer, but they cannot find fault because it's not failing at the particular moment they are troubleshooting it. They've told me "too bad" which to me is ridiculous and they won't try swapping out parts to find a solution. I've escalated to GM Customer Service but so far they've only told me to seek a second opinion.

I have 2 questions:
1. Has anyone seen or heard of this before and have any recommendations on what could be wrong?
2. Does anyone have any advice on how to get better support from GM/GMC for something that is clearly a significant safety issue for a truck that is still under warranty?
Hi - new member here, I just registered for the sole purpose of following this thread.

I have a 2023 Yukon Denali I bought used with 11k miles. Beautiful truck, love it.
However, like many others here, my wipers have quit working without warning, without cause.... I find this to be scary and dangerous. I just added my details to the NHTSA (reported my VIN).
The wipers do exactly what everyone else has said -- no warning, the nnothing helps for 10-15 minutes. Then all of a sudden, they work again?!?

I'd say it has happened perhaps four times total in my four months of ownership. Once a Month? The first time I was doing 70+ and was able to continue driving... once slowing to 45 or slower, it was impossibe to see. The higher speed kept my windshield clear enough.

I checked everything I could think of (fuse under the hood Continuity was good), and could find no root cause. I'm not a fan of my local GMC Dealership, so I haven't taken it in yet; plus I don't want them to have it for a few days, to do 'nothing'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo