2024 Denali road noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since 2015 the metal is thinner, road noise comes thru a lot more.
grab some cheap audio sound deadening, prices vary a lot on amazon, you don't need a brand name, nobody's pulling up your carpet to look
add as much coverage as you can under the carpet and around the wheel wells in the rear body and inside the doors, it will make a TON of difference, the stuff is just peel and stick.
https://www.amazon.com/sound-deadening/s?k=sound+deadening
My '19 Yukon is a tomb compared to my '10 Tahoe......

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning!

I just took delivery of a 2024 Yukon Denali about 2 weeks ago. Now, I came out of a Bronco so road noise was a given. That said, I want to make sure I'm not crazy. I feel like for the money (despite it being a full size body on frame brick) that there is too much road noise. I have fixed running boards and i feel like the majority of the noise is coming from the lower section of the truck. It could also be the Bridgestone tires.

I have had a multitude of GM trucks and i feel like they were all quieter. Gaps look good, weather strips are good. I am also unfairly comparing it to my wife's GLE which is an egg but it is dead quiet inside.

Dealer says "its normal. these aren't really quiet trucks."

I love it otherwise. So tell me I'm crazy and it's normal. PFA

Thanks!

View attachment 440624
I prefer the Continental Terrain Track AT. Quiet, Smooth and out performed the Michelin according to Consumer Reports road tests.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Continental Terrain Track AT. Quiet, Smooth and out performed the Michelin according to Consumer Reports road tests.

Not to be negative..... just cautious.... Our new Infiniti came with Dunlop tires... ( $220.00 a tire)
The description is same as these Continentals...
Infiniti chose to use the Dunlops because this tire made the car smoother, better handling, etc, to SELL.
The expensive Dunlops lasted barely 20,000 miles.. Due to SOFT rubber / wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasgod