22" Recommended Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
35 psi to start or they wear the centers too much. The pressure increases quite a bit when warm so no need to start too high. plus it rides better.

Redfish5050

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Door sticker from a 2016 Tahoe attached. Bought it used recently and have about 12k miles on a new set of Michelins. Wear looks great so far. Balancing this size tire is apparently a challenge. NTB struck out twice. Find a tire store with a “road force balancer”. Discount Tire hit the mark the first time, and typical with Michelins, one balancing lasts the life of the tire.

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 4

Kermode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased new tires and reached out to Toyo for their suggestion since it's their tire. They suggested based off the original tire size and pressure listed as 265/70/17 at 32 PSI for my vehicle, that the new size 285/45/22 should be 35 psi cold. I also did the chalk mark check and it hit best at 35 to 36 after the alignment so that's where it's at. Rides decent for dropped and small sidewall. I would maybe suggest calling/emailing your tire manufacturer if your curious and see what they say. ;)

NashRed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I keep mine about 36 - 38 psi. That ensures they ride like shit after the tires have some miles on them, and ruin expensive Z95 struts in a timely fashion. If you have nice, smooth, roads then enjoy your wheels. I can't wait to ditch the 22 inch for 20 or 18. They look nice, corner well, but the ride sucks.
This made me laugh-but seriously is that the PSI you feel is best case scenario? I have 4 year old Michelin Defenders-riding rough and just replaced air ride compressor and front struts. This 2016 defefintly does not ride as smooth as my 2011 which had 20's.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This made me laugh-but seriously is that the PSI you feel is best case scenario? I have 4 year old Michelin Defenders-riding rough and just replaced air ride compressor and front struts. This 2016 defefintly does not ride as smooth as my 2011 which had 20's.
Yes, otherwise any lower PSI and it looks/feels like there is no sidewall available. I've tried the 32 psi setting, but all it yielded was more rounding of edges and not much improved ride.

22 inch wheels just don't do it for me anymore. It's my wife's DD, that's why they are still on there.......if it were my DD, I would've kept the 18 inch winter wheels on all year. I am also frugal (or...cheap depending on your view) and thought I should also get my money's worth out of them for another summer since they still had decent tread left.

They are now getting pretty much toasted, so they will be on the sale block this fall. They are pretty, just not pretty enough to look past the ****** ride.

To your last point, my 2008 Denali daily driver rides much better in my book with 20 inch wheels on it for sure. 18 inch winter wheels ride even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMcrown