2dr Sub box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know it has been done but I cannot find it. Someone put the sub in the area between the rear passenger fenderwell and the back of it. On the right in this pic. Anyone know what I am talking about. I want to put a sub in the tahoe but dont want to have to put a box in the back since there is already not that much room

F142872.jpg

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 - I removed the inner fenderwell from floor level up to about 2" below the window, and used 3/4" MDF to make a box to fit in that space. I only fabbed up the front, sides, top and bottom, the outer fender skin is the back wall. Mutiple layers of fiberglass strengthen everything, and I netted about 2.5 cu ft, without intruding into the cargo area.

I actually did both sides, have Celestion 15" subs in each, and still have 49" from side to side. I carry a lot of sheetrock and plywood working as a contractor, I couldn't afford to give up any space.

norcalpilot

Reaction score
I'm deff interested as well...

best option I've seen is the JL audio stealthbox center console 10" but it runs steep at 650$

I'm not sure if you guys remember that sick 1999 2 door that is on auto trader right now for 17,900$ ?... It's a bad ass rig but very expensive...anyway... that dude has a nice sub in the back that kind of conforms to the rear left wheel well

Some one needs to fab those up and sell them. I would for sure buy one.

I'll post link if I can find it

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=b&num_records=25&cardist=1424&standard=false

Check out the rear sub pics

norcalpilot

Reaction score
hey be nice! :flipthebird: :D

I know, I didn't like them either until I put them on my rig. They just worked. My Moto Metal 951s were to flashy for the blackness

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this up, it would fit in the right rear wheel well.

Attachments

• subwooferbox.jpg
    subwooferbox.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 57

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840