2wd awd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
I have to make a decision like now on what to do. I have a guy going to make me some axles but its going to cost a little penny.

Question is. Can you run the denali 2wd? what do you have to do? and will it hurt anything.

Or should i keep it awd since not many do and no know 100% what risk i will run into.

Im running behind so i may have a couple more questions later.

thanks

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it will be ok if you run it 2wd, i dont see what it would hurt, there is no button to keep it on 2wd? i think it would make it tougher to keep it awd with it laying frame on big wheels cus of the angle..

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

btw do you how much they charge to shorted up the rear end?

OP
OP
Young28

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
No it's awd all the time. I'll check my invoice on the rearend

right around 800 for the rearend.

Last edited:

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
take out the front diff, transfer case, and anything else related to awd...put in 2wd trans tail housing and 2wd driveshaft...probably have some programming someone could do to keep the lights off...

OP
OP
Young28

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
take out the front diff, transfer case, and anything else related to awd...put in 2wd trans tail housing and 2wd driveshaft...probably have some programming someone could do to keep the lights off...

thanks for the info

OP
OP
Young28

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
im leaning towards keeping it awd. You can do it. There is one other truck that i know of that lays running board on 6s that still has his awd. When my builder went to sema where the truck was the builders werent around to ask what they did. We think they used a different front setup out of another car.

Ill let you know. Either way my decision will not end up good.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
probably have to raise the engine/driveline as high as u can and get axles made.
a friend of mine converted an esky ext to 2wd and bagged it on 6's...he never got the back finished and ended up puttin awd back in and lifting it...

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know it can be done, and im sure it has, but not on anything that is driven very often..you would be going through cvs so fast it wouldnt be worth it..like stated, you would have to raise the front diff or use a different one to get it up higher to help with the cv angles..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe46322