3/5 Drop and my Escalade is STILL skying?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESCA-L8R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had 4Wheel Parts install my McGaughey's 3/5 drop on my '02 Escalade yesterday, figuring they were pretty much suspension kit wizards, right?

Wrong.

Below are three pics. The first is before.. Second is as picked up post-install, with the rear clearly resting on the bumpstops and the front keys cranked completely up- it's really not much lower than stock.. Third pic is after I chopped out the bumpstop brackets and slacked the keys. I'm cool with the front, but the back still looks to be skying to me.. I'm hoping those new coils will settle a bit now that the bumpstops aren't there, so we'll see..

I'm going to start messing shock extenders to try to reinstall the stock Autoride shocks- Anybody know of a good source for long extenders?

Thanks- JVP

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 165

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Paint the silver piece of your grille black. Should cost $80-150. As for the drop, its probably because of the airride shocks. You can either trick them into not filling up with a little bar you can buy which is what I have or change to something like Bilstein HD shocks.

Also, You should take of the crossbars of the roof rack. I did this to mine and it cleans it up a lot, while lowering the profile. Plus it's free. That will definately help.

Last edited:

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u chopped the bumpstops from the front or rear??? and where r they located??let me know what you do with the rear because i also bought a 3/5 but mine is a djm havent installed it yet because i also have rear air ride shocks so i dont know what to do in the rear???

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine sits at 33 inches in the rear and 32 1/2 in the front with stock airride shocks and 24's. Where do you sit?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good to me like it sits now...

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I juust read one word, 4wheel parts. A bunch of lazy jackasses work there.

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I will say is that the 2nd pic you have shows that they lowered the front to match the rear. After the rear settles a bit and you get the air-ride deal fixed you should be closer to level on both front/rear. You have a Texas lean at the moment ...I think that's what they call it :)

b

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100