3 of 7 speakers working is my amp cooked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99yuko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum as I have recently picked up a 99 Yukon Denali . My problem is I have the Bose, but only the 2 rear speakers and the front sub are working. I am wondering if its because there is an aftermarket stereo installed. Its my understanding that the amp is 7 channel and is located under the center console. The 4 door speakers do not produce any sound. Is there a way to by-pass the amp or something. If there are any pointers on removing the center console(without using the sawsall) I am all ears.

-todd

OP
OP

99yuko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, I figured that it was, except I thought all channels would be blown. Are there any tricks to removing the center console? This thing is a beast...bolts and screws that are accessed from the bottom. Thanks again for confirming my problem.

-todd

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, channels go out, seperately, you may be able to find a used one and swap it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrchoopa2u

Latest posts