4 High Mod or Fogs on High

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87stocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the 4 high or Fogs on high mod doable with this generation of truck? The headlights are mediocre at best on these rigs. Thanks in advance.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4-hi mod is for keeping the low beams on with the high beams. That's how the GMT900 trucks come stock, there is no 4-hi mod needed. (edit: at least that's how my truck was when I bought it)

As for the 6-hi mod, I'm actually pretty impressed with the output of the lights as they are compared to my NBS Yukon and Suburban so I never felt the need to pursue it. I did recently replace both of my low beam bulbs because one crapped out, and I was surprised to find a white powdery buildup on both of the bulbs that was really reducing output. Maybe check your bulbs for the same thing and replace them. I'm just running simple Sylvania H11s, not silverstars or any of the overpriced crap, and the increased output with the new bulbs was pretty noticeable.

OP
OP

87stocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 4-hi mod is for keeping the low beams on with the high beams. That's how the GMT900 trucks come stock, there is no 4-hi mod needed. (edit: at least that's how my truck was when I bought it)

As for the 6-hi mod, I'm actually pretty impressed with the output of the lights as they are compared to my NBS Yukon and Suburban so I never felt the need to pursue it. I did recently replace both of my low beam bulbs because one crapped out, and I was surprised to find a white powdery buildup on both of the bulbs that was really reducing output. Maybe check your bulbs for the same thing and replace them. I'm just running simple Sylvania H11s, not silverstars or any of the overpriced crap, and the increased output with the new bulbs was pretty noticeable.

I actually just looked at that, I was hoping to get on here before someone came on and made me look stupid. lol. 4Hi is factory. Now I really want to find out about the fogs on hi. Thanks.

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish there was a way to do this too you can over run the lights really fast, my f250 was much brighter, i picked a 04 gmc sierra and did the 6 hi mod and its bad ass

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just looked at that, I was hoping to get on here before someone came on and made me look stupid. lol. 4Hi is factory. Now I really want to find out about the fogs on hi. Thanks.

lol sorry bro, wasn't my intention just sharing the knowledge. :D

OP
OP

87stocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol sorry bro, wasn't my intention just sharing the knowledge. :D

No worries man. Thanks for the info. This is my first tahoe so there may be some other stupid questions in the future. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968