5/6 drop. dont make a flip kit for my year in four door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
hey guys im having trouble finding a flip kit for my truck. belltech claims that they dont make flip kits for my year model in the four doors? i have a 99 tahoe
2wd four door. i want to flip the axle to get a 6 inch drop. i have everything that i need for the front so it isnt an issue at all. has anybody else had this problem or are there other part numbers compatiable with my truck that they dont tell you?

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! I responded to your other post! Sorry bout that. Hit up Tony (NORCAL SS). He hooked me up w/ all my stuff. It should be under 88-98 gm truck. He will set you up.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
front do the djm spinldes they dont push out the tires makes it look cleaner and djm has the rear flip kit for the 4 door.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys im having trouble finding a flip kit for my truck. belltech claims that they dont make flip kits for my year model in the four doors? i have a 99 tahoe
2wd four door. i want to flip the axle to get a 6 inch drop. i have everything that i need for the front so it isnt an issue at all. has anybody else had this problem or are there other part numbers compatiable with my truck that they dont tell you?

The flip kits are all the same for 2 door tahoes, 4 door tahoes, suburbans and trucks. The issue is the notch....there is a crossmember that is right above the axle on the driver side. I just made a notch for my tahoe and made new shock mounts.

OP
OP
CbChevyLt_99

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
front do the djm spinldes they dont push out the tires makes it look cleaner and djm has the rear flip kit for the 4 door.

I checked on the flip kit. Says it lowers the rear 5 inches. I already have hangers shackles. I was wondering if i should do block? No one makes 2 inch lower leaf springs. And my other question since im goin that low how do i notch the frame wih the cross member literally right there

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

The flip kits are all the same for 2 door tahoes, 4 door tahoes, suburbans and trucks. The issue is the notch....there is a crossmember that is right above the axle on the driver side. I just made a notch for my tahoe and made new shock mounts.

How did you notch yours? And why did u need to make new shock mounts?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the flip kit has different hangers on the djm and it comes with the notch from the 4 door vs 2 door.

also yes you need to notch the crossmember which ive been doing since 1996 without issues also ive been using the belltech sp shocks on customers trucks with this kit better ride.

This will not work with your drop hangers

here goes the install instructions
http://www.truckshop.com/files/instructions/djm/FK1029-4D.pdf

OP
OP
CbChevyLt_99

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
the flip kit has different hangers on the djm and it comes with the notch from the 4 door vs 2 door.

also yes you need to notch the crossmember which ive been doing since 1996 without issues also ive been using the belltech sp shocks on customers trucks with this kit better ride.

This will not work with your drop hangers

here goes the install instructions
http://www.truckshop.com/files/instructions/djm/FK1029-4D.pdf
So if i order the flip kit from you it will come with the correct hangers for the flip and the notch kit as well? And i have the belltech nitro drop 2 shocks on my ride currently and do i need to put my stock shackles back on? How far will the flip kit drop the rear?

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I had pic of drivers side (I'm at work right now) but here is passenger
20120610_151044.jpg

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude! I didn't get a chance to take drivers pic but I will try in the next few days. It was fun, I had a good time doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7380