6.0 beat by 4.7 liter tundra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all im new here and this will be the first post for me and a already have a qeustion i own a 04 lq4 short one and i was coming home from ralps and to make a long story short i lost to a i think what was a 04 but double cab tundra for sure with nothing more then what looked and sounded like cold air and an exuast i guess what im askin is i know theres a HP difference between the two and as far as tourq so is he lighter or is it gears i kno that year tundra has no more then 300HP if that so help? somthing wrong with my truck its stock but its beat a hemi before so...? HELP what mods do i need lol thanks for yours guys time and nice trucks!!!

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what that sucks bro
my moms 3.2L Hyundai Tuscon beat a v8 tundra the other day
but i have done a few things to it
but damn that sucks bro
time to get a cold air and some exhaust and look into a black bear tune

OP
OP
C

CLC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well whats the deal tho ? do they weigh less? or what ... did the air box mod havnt seen a diff yet so going to tune it .... any suggestions on places on socal orange county that upgrade these trucks?

stayedge

Reaction score
Hello all im new here and this will be the first post for me and a already have a qeustion i own a 04 lq4 short one and i was coming home from ralps and to make a long story short i lost to a i think what was a 04 but double cab tundra for sure with nothing more then what looked and sounded like cold air and an exuast i guess what im askin is i know theres a HP difference between the two and as far as tourq so is he lighter or is it gears i kno that year tundra has no more then 300HP if that so help? somthing wrong with my truck its stock but its beat a hemi before so...? HELP what mods do i need lol thanks for yours guys time and nice trucks!!!

not the truck its the driver lol jk jk

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
get an Intake LT headers , free flow cats, Gears , and a Tune, I would do heads and cam / cams too before the Tune thats me tho.

OP
OP
C

CLC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice rigs guys and thanks for the input im in orange county CA and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot a places that speacialize in really customizing these trucks not just a lift and exhuast just like your run of the mill tire shop , follow? if any one knows were i can go here let me know thanks and as fars as headers gears were can i get the lowest price ....... i need to find a tuneing shop most of all smaller stuff i have a guy for thanks again

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
There are a lot of things to consider in a race. For example, you have to consider:

1. Timing - your ability to respond with the gas peddle before the other party.
2. Weight
3. Gearing
4. Engine and transmission mods
5. Skill

The Tundra is a pick up truck, an most pick up trucks are used for work, towing and hauling. Thus, they have different gears, shift points and weight than a standard people mover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus