6.2 what kind of mpg are you getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What plastic piece are you talking about? The engine cover?

YES,
On my Dmax it was easy right in front of your eyes, I have not found a bolt/torque screw to remove on my 07 6.2 to remove the engine cover.
Like I said one person said on the Catchcan thread to just jerk it off, I might be a Redneck but I'm not stupid enough to just jerk something off :laughing1:without knowing where its attached.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as mileage on my Denali 6.2 stock 12.8-14.0 with EFI 12.8-13.3 both city/little highway

Dan... how did your MPGs go down lower with EFI on highway?
(looking into that cover issue for ya, i think they might be held in by retention clips)

Smokeymance might know, he pulled his off when he did his TVS2300 install. :driver:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1. Remove the engine oil fill cap

2. Lift the engine cover to disengage two front attachment points.

3. Pull engine cover forward to disengage from horizontal rear attachments.

4. Reverse Steps 1 through 3 to reinstall engine cover.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

Last edited:

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan... how did your MPGs go down lower with EFI on highway?

I wish I knew, I do have plenty of power and driving very easy.
This is my 5th vehicle I've tuned with tuners since 2003 and NOT one of them got the mileage gains claimed. The most I've seen is 0.5 mpg increase on my ex 03 Ford 6.0 diesel.
Even my Dmax actually lost about .5-1.0 compared to when it was stock.
Crap I'm 60 and I'm not driving crazy, I've just been involved in performance vehicles my whole life

(looking into that cover issue for ya, i think they might be held in by retention clips)

Smokeymance might know, he pulled his off when he did his TVS2300 install. :driver:

I would appreciate info on removing the top cover so far no one else has coughed up any reasonable info.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Unscrew and remove oil cap. Pull cover forward to release front two clips and push back to release back two.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

Ok, thanks I'll check that out.
This is a much better explanation than what I've been getting.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Edited for more info. This can also be found in your Owner Manual and online.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I would appreciate info on removing the top cover so far no one else has coughed up any reasonable info.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Ok, thanks I'll check that out.
This is a much better explanation than what I've been getting.

LOL- I had no clue you were talking about the engine cover! :crazy:

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edited for more info. This can also be found in your Owner Manual and online.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

LOL- I had no clue you were talking about the engine cover! :crazy:

I never thought about looking in the owners manual :insane:
But I have search several ways online and only came up with a 6.0 grab ahold of the top cover and yank it up. This I was not going to do.

Thanks again,
Dan

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reply to the op's original question on mileage...

I'm at 60k miles on my 08 Denali with awd. I average around 13.2 all city, 16.4 mixed, and if I'm just taking it easy on the freeway I'm between 18 and 22mpg depending on traffic and speed. Don't know if that helps or not. Best of luck with your project. For comparison sake, I am currently bone stock... for now. Hope to have HP adders and mileage robbers here in the future... :naughty:

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still getting 8-9 city 12-14 highway. The bbt did make the truck a little better. The air intake I believe is my main culprit of lost mpg.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reason I went with EFI was the inconsistent trans shifting, plus my 6.2 was a dog.
EFI took care of that along with having a little more power, then with my DIY CAI stock air box mod I have plenty of power now.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49875
I did the air box mod before I got EFI and there was a very noticeable difference having more power.
As far as mileage goes I have not gain anything.

One54ton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still getting 8-9 city 12-14 highway. The bbt did make the truck a little better. The air intake I believe is my main culprit of lost mpg.

How much did the black bear tune run you? Thinking about getting one this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RossHashanah007