6-piston Wilwood Brakes - Pulled the Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPS came today... Mother of God these things are big! Gonna be a bit before I can get around to installing them, but here are some pics.

DSC00295.jpg

Had the throw a ruler up next to it to show its length
DSC00297.jpg

Rotors up next to the wheel
DSC00294.jpg

Just threw the caliper onto the rotor to give you an idea of how they'd look together. Yes, I know the rotor is for the drivers side and the caliper is for the passenger side, but I didn't feel like opening up the other boxes, lol.
DSC00296.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats nice man!!!
I would get something like that if it wasn't $2500!!!
Maybe $400 is more like it lol.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow huge. how long till u get to put them bad boys on?

well, I am only up here every other weekend, so I really don't have much down time. Plus I'd like to do some before and after test stopping to see what the results end up like. Need to get some stainless lines ordered up and then I should be good to go.

Now, if it were up to my wife, I'd be downstairs putting them on right now. She about jumped out of her shoes when she saw the boxes, lol.

Unfortunately, I am thinking I am going to run into some minor clearance issues with the 24s, which was expected. I have a few options, and I am contemplating them all, still unsure which option I'll go with. I am shy about 2-3mm.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Thats nice man!!!
I would get something like that if it wasn't $2500!!!
Maybe $400 is more like it lol.

I consider it insurance. Got three of my biggest prized possessions riding daily in this truck (my son, daughter, and wife), $2500 isn't a concern when it comes to their safety!

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what from it hitting the back of the face of the rim?

yep. Few different options, we'll see how it goes once I do the test fit. Maybe I'll do that this weekend....

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
that sucks know the feel when you buy something that should be a "bolt on" haha bull.lets just say summit loves me, buy something send it back try it again. i sent 3 things back this month for poor quality.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks know the feel when you buy something that should be a "bolt on" haha bull.lets just say summit loves me, buy something send it back try it again. i sent 3 things back this month for poor quality.

yeah, we expected it, but figured we'd deal with the minor issues and make it work. Maybe we'll just sell the 24s and get a different set ordered, who knows.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
lol are they a 3pc or just a look a like. if so just chage the hoops. or just run a wheel spacer

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol are they a 3pc or just a look a like. if so just chage the hoops. or just run a wheel spacer

Asanti only makes 3pc, I think.

To change the hoop wouldn't change the thickness of the pad on the wheel to give it clearance. Been there, done that, when we put the Z06 brakes on my crew cab. They need spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48