6-piston Wilwood Brakes - Pulled the Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
i just did wilwood 6 piston frt 4 piston rears on my wifes 08 denali. did the 14.25 instead of the 16". install wasnt too bad. gotta shave down the spindle to put the caliper bracket on. and make sure u order the wilwood brake lines. oem lines or oem replacement line will NOT work. when ordering brake lines u need a M12 inlet fitting for the front and and the rear is M10. i found this out the hard way, but made it work. the truck is metric and the line kits i ordered were standard, so i went and got standard fittings from auto zone (had to buy lines, just got the shortest ones) and cut the oem ones off and reflared the standard fittings on...PIMA but worth it

GMCGoddess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah thanks to him I have my brakes installed.. here are some pictures..

I will take some better ones soon!

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

wilwood.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice setup!!! :D

Thanks for the info on the install. I am ordering up the Wilwood lines, just have not had a chance.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just when I was gonna ask if LowAzHoe and GmcGodess were a couple, now I found out.
Anyways thats one nice Yukon, probably stop way better than stock now!:Handshake:

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
looks better and stops better.

btw SuperchargedSS, Wilwood's site only shows like one kit with the M12 that you need for the front, but it is only a -3an. the kit i got is a -4an which makes more sense to have 4an in front since they are bigger in front from GM. i tried to find a m12x4an chassis fitting and didnt have much luck, so thats why i did what i did. if u need any more info hit me up. oh and u might wanna remove the front backing plates. they were rubbing the rotors and there wasnt any room to just bend them cuz the spindle was in the way, so i removed them.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks better and stops better.

btw SuperchargedSS, Wilwood's site only shows like one kit with the M12 that you need for the front, but it is only a -3an. the kit i got is a -4an which makes more sense to have 4an in front since they are bigger in front from GM. i tried to find a m12x4an chassis fitting and didnt have much luck, so thats why i did what i did. if u need any more info hit me up. oh and u might wanna remove the front backing plates. they were rubbing the rotors and there wasnt any room to just bend them cuz the spindle was in the way, so i removed them.

thanks for the input, appreciated.

I don't foresee any high performance mods that would justify the need for a -4AN brake line, just standard stop n go. I'll go with whatever Wilwood recommends to keep it simple and avoid me running around looking for more parts and fittings.

We ran into alot of issues when we installed the Z06 brakes on my CrewCab, so this will hopefully be a breeze compared to that! LOL.

But thanks again for the tips. I am debating on holding off on the install until I can snag the rear setup and then do it all in one shot. Doubt my wife is going to like that decision, but ahwell...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Thats nice man!!!
I would get something like that if it wasn't $2500!!!
Maybe $400 is more like it lol.

IMO never cheap out on brakes, tires, or shocks. If your engine dies you can pull to the side of the road. Those 3 things are what keep you in control and not in a ditch or another car, if you are only willing to spend 400 dollars for breaks I hope I never have to ride with you. lol

BTW look awesome. my yukons brakes are pretty damn good for stock though.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah RT I agree, but damn, $2500 sounds like alot. For what its worth thats how much my 24s wheel/tire/tpms/mount/balacnce will run.:shocked:
Plus a 24" wheel/tire combo wheel most likely be 5lbs or less heavier than stock, for 26" it would be about 12lbs per wheel/tires so thats alot more.
So I think the SSBC $400 brake kit fits my needs more.

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
ss. very nice set up you got there. i guess i should start thinking just like you. my wife and kids ride most of the time in the tahoe. and i do feel a difference in the stoping distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48