6-piston Wilwood Brakes - Pulled the Trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah RT I agree, but damn, $2500 sounds like alot. For what its worth thats how much my 24s wheel/tire/tpms/mount/balacnce will run.:shocked:
Plus a 24" wheel/tire combo wheel most likely be 5lbs or less heavier than stock, for 26" it would be about 12lbs per wheel/tires so thats alot more.
So I think the SSBC $400 brake kit fits my needs more.

take into consideration the weight PLUS the rotational mass of the wheel. You are going to need some stopping power.

I'd definetly run the SSBC upgraded rotors, stainless lines, and a set of nice pads and you should be good! :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

ss. very nice set up you got there. i guess i should start thinking just like you. my wife and kids ride most of the time in the tahoe. and i do feel a difference in the stoping distance.

thanks. Next thing ya know she'll be telling me that it stops great, rides great, but has no pick-up and we'll end up with a Magnacharger, lol. Money pit!!!

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
take into consideration the weight PLUS the rotational mass of the wheel. You are going to need some stopping power.

I'd definetly run the SSBC upgraded rotors, stainless lines, and a set of nice pads and you should be good! :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

thanks. Next thing ya know she'll be telling me that it stops great, rides great, but has no pick-up and we'll end up with a Magnacharger, lol. Money pit!!!

then shes a keeper lol :Handshake: dose she have a younger sister thats wants to live in ny.lol

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's going to be badass once you get everything on and dialed in. And I would read up on Spoolin's kermit project on PT.net when he put his Wilwoods on, so you can avoid whatever problems he ran into with them sticking.

Good to see you over here SS! Looks like I have to be a newbie all over again :sad72:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's going to be badass once you get everything on and dialed in. And I would read up on Spoolin's kermit project on PT.net when he put his Wilwoods on, so you can avoid whatever problems he ran into with them sticking.

Good to see you over here SS! Looks like I have to be a newbie all over again :sad72:

yep, I've been in touch with Julien since before I went with the Wilwood brake setup. He's a good dude. Definetly very helpful.

Nice to see you over here as well. I like the crowd on this forum, just hope it gets a little more busy! :Handshake:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After over a year, we are finally going to get under way with installing these things! LOL...

We had issues with clearing her 24"s, so we tried to sell the 24s and order a new offset. BUT, since the sale on those was so slow, we decided to rehoop the 24s (they are 3pc) with a smaller lip, throw on a billet wheel spacer, and put the brakes on.

Pics and all that jazz will be forthcoming. We're headed out of town until 3/21, then we'll start pulling the truck apart and rehooping the wheels and throwing the brakes on! :D

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
After over a year, we are finally going to get under way with installing these things! LOL...

We had issues with clearing her 24"s, so we tried to sell the 24s and order a new offset. BUT, since the sale on those was so slow, we decided to rehoop the 24s (they are 3pc) with a smaller lip, throw on a billet wheel spacer, and put the brakes on.

Pics and all that jazz will be forthcoming. We're headed out of town until 3/21, then we'll start pulling the truck apart and rehooping the wheels and throwing the brakes on! :D

I don't know how you could wait for a year to do this. I just got my brakes and told my self I would wait to spring to put them on then two days later took off work and put them on. Anything I get I am to inpatient and need to do it right away. But looking forward to the pics of the install good luck.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, just alot going on with work and family for me to get it done. Had issues with clearance otherwise they woulda been on a long time ago. All being worked out now, finally.. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48